CABSEC: THE CARIBBEAN BASIN COASTAL SURVEILLANCE AND MARITIME SECURITY SUMMIT
SAMSEC: THE SOUTH AMERICAN SECURITY SUMMIT
Our annual CABSEC and SAMSEC conference
will be held online for the first time in 2021 in order to maintain our commitment to providing a platform for regional cooperation amidst the ongoing disruption caused by COVID-19.
This established forum meets annually and brings together the region's defence and security leadership to discuss strategy, cooperation, requirements and challenges and has helped advance the security dialogue in the region through the forum's objectives to;
- Promote regional and hemispheric security cooperation through expanding networks
- Help to build enduring partnerships in order to enhance regional security capacity in Central and South America and the Caribbean
By hosting the event online we will be able to welcome regional security leadership without the need for international travel and potential for any disruption. We will place a renewed focus on interactivity and having meaningful discussions with meaningful outcomes. Over two days of panel discussions, showcases of the latest industry solutions, discussion groups and private sidebar meetings, we will continue to provide the setting for this valued and prestigious summit.
Key topics to be discussed at CABSEC & SAMSEC 2021 include:
- Combating transnational organised criminal networks
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief cooperation and communication
- Ensuring the security of the maritime domain and blue economy
- Facilitating regional and hemispheric security cooperation
- Sharing lessons relating to the interdiction of illicit through the region
- National and collective approaches to security challenges
- Enhancing regional training, capacity building and security cooperation
- Sharing lessons in procurement and modernization
2021 Speaker panellists
- Lieutenant General Rocky Meade, Chief of Defence Staff, Jamaican Defence Force
- Lieutenant General André Georges Foullon Van Lissum, Secretary of National Defence, Federal Government of Mexico
- Lieutenant General Luciano José Penna, Chairman of the Council of Delegates, Inter-American Defence Board
- Rear Admiral José Luis Elizondo, Head of Naval Prefecture, Uruguay Navy
- Air Commodore Darryl Daniel, Chief of Defence Staff, Trinidad and Tobago Defence Forces
- Commodore Dr Raymond King, Commander, Royal Bahamas Defence Force
- Brigadier Godfrey Bess, Chief of Staff, Guyana Defence Force
- Brigadier Adrian Reilly, Deputy Director, International Security Directorate, Security Policy and Operations, UK Ministry of Defence
- Brigadier General (retd.) José Alfredo Ortega Reyes, Chief Commissioner, Specialized Unit Components, National Guard of Mexico
- Colonel Glyne Grannum, Chief of Staff, Barbados Defence Force
- Colonel Telbert Benjamin, Chief of Defence Staff, Antigua and Barbuda Defence Force
- Captain Axel David Colindres Mayorga, Vice Minister of the Navy, Guatemalan Ministry of National Defence
- Confirmed Captain, -, Peruvian Navy
- Commander Robert Scotland, Commander, Cayman Islands Coast Guard
- Lieutenant Colonel Michael Jones, Executive Director (Ag), CARICOM IMPACS
- Francesca Caonero, Programme Coordinator, Global Maritime Crime Programme, Latin America and the Caribbean, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Confirmed senior representative, -, Colombian Navy
- Confirmed senior representative, -, Colombian Air Force
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Virtual Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.