The 20th Biannual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
was designed as a "Town Hall" full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented across the DoD & VA to focus on the needs of Veterans' & active duty. This includes the integration of affordable, high-quality health services as well as innovative technologies that will ultimately, enhance patient care & enable a medically ready Joint Force. For May 2021, we will offer both in-person and virtual options for attendees. Visit the registration page
The Summit is neither officially endorsed nor sanctioned by VA or DoD
Topics to be Covered at the 2021 Summit:
- Delivering excellent customer service to Veterans through the utilization of new technologies to improve services
- Implementing a single, common Federal EHR across the DoD/VA to enhance patient care & provider effectiveness
- Delivering integrated, affordable, & high-quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- Revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare & effective data sharing through a modernized EHR that supports the Warfighter
- Enabling Veterans more efficient access to economic opportunity through the leveraging of the Federal procurement system
- Facilitating a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- Leading the future of healthcare technology at the VA
- Exploring innovative ways to authenticate users & improve the security of IT systems for Veterans
Why You Should Attend this Summit
The Department of Veterans Affairs will see nearly a 12 percent increase in total funding in FY 2021 that will address many big department projects such as the electronic medical records overhaul. The 20th DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
was designed as a "Town Hall" full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented across the DoD & VA to focus on the needs of Veterans' & active duty. This includes the integration of affordable, high-quality health services as well as innovative technologies that will ultimately, enhance patient care & enable a medically ready Joint Force.
The forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior Leaders at this event will discuss key acquisition priorities, effective data sharing strategies, & ways to integrate more efficient business/clinical processes across the VA. Speakers from across the Federal government will also delve into the innovative measures being taken to further authenticate users & improve the security of IT systems for Veterans now & in the future. Members of Industry & Government will also be given the chance at this event to hear how the new military EHR system has improved the overall decision making of Combatant Commanders & helped to empower Service members throughout the MHS.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit
provides opportunities including in-person and virtual exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
Top 2021 Confirmed Speakers:
- MG (Dr.) George (Ned) Appenzeller, USA, Assistant Director for Combat Support, MHS Electronic Health Record Functional Champion, Defense Health Agency
- William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization Office (FEHRM)
- Holly Joers, SES, Acting Program Executive Officer, PEO DHMS
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Executive Director, Office of Technical Integration, OI&T, VA
- RDML Douglas M. Schofield, USCG, Director of Acquisition Programs & Program Executive Officer, United States Coast Guard
- Michael D. Parrish, SES, Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction (OALC)
- Charles Worthington, SES, Chief Technology Officer, OI&T, VA
Eastern Daylight Time
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueSunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
Hotel Option 1.
The Westin Washington National Harbor. Click HERE to see available rooms.
171 Waterfront St. National Harbor, Maryland 20745
Hotel Option 2:
Hyatt Place National Harbor. Click HERE to see available rooms.
123 Waterfront St. National Harbor, Maryland, United States, 20745
There are a variety of parking options throughout National Harbor. The lot that is closest to The Sunset Room is our Carousel Lot which is located at 137 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. If covered parking is preferred our Fleet Street Garage is the closest to the venue at 116 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. Mariner Garage will be the closet to The Westin National Harbor at 199 Fleet Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.