Various parts of the country are still battling the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will conduct the class 100% online.
Quality auditing of pharmaceutical quality control laboratories is an important activity for those performing due diligence or monitoring the performance of a sub-contractor. Besides covering GMP regulations affecting pharmaceutical quality control, this one-day course is designed to provide the non-specialist with the necessary knowledge to understand the quality significance and risk associated with different analytical operations.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify non-conformance to cGMP regulations in analytical operations
- Understand the key steps in the analytical process
- Recognize commonly-used analytical techniques and instruments
- Appreciate the significance of pharmacopoeias in analytical operations
- Understand the requirements for controlling reference standards, reagents and important consumables
- Appreciate the importance of GMP controls over analytical method suitability (validation, verification and transfer)
- Classify analytical instruments according to quality risk and understand the qualification requirements for each class
- Understand current expectations for data integrity controls, including electronic data systems
- Identify non-conformances in the control of stability studies
- Appreciate the regulatory requirements for reference and retention samples
- US and EU GMPs relating to quality control operations
- Appropriate GMP controls at each step in the analytical process
- Information provided by different analytical techniques
- Pharmacopoeias - contents, structure and regulatory significance
- Significance of ICH guidance
- Quality requirements for reference standards and reagents
- What are critical consumables and how should they be controlled?
- Control of analytical methods over their lifecycle
- Appropriate qualification of analytical instruments
- Data integrity - current expectations
- Control of stability studies
- Requirements for reference and retention samples
Who will Benefit:
- GMP auditors
- Quality assurance professionals
- Laboratory managers
- Quality management
In-Person Seminar going Virtual with increased learner satisfaction.
Yes, attend this seminar from anywhere. We are making it real and more interactive - Here's a sneak peek:
Our enhanced delivery process and technology provides you an immersive experience and will allow you to access:
- The real-time and live presentation as in in-person events
- Private chat for company-specific conversation - the same as you would get in an in-person seminar
- Opportunities to connect with your peers to share knowledge at a different time and have group discussions
- Live workshop activities
- Live Q&A during the event and offline Q&A assistance after the event
- As usual more content, activities and case studies and now adding homework for a comprehensive understanding
Mark Powell, Director, Mark Powell Scientific Limited
Dr Mark Powell is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) with over thirty years’ experience as an analytical chemist. Mark was Honorary Treasurer of the RSC’s Analytical Division and led a working group on continuing professional development until July 2016, when his term of office ended. Between 2003 and 2013, he was the Analytical Development Manager, and later Scientific Manager, of a UK-based contract research organization which specialized in early-stage oral drug development. During this time, he was responsible for method validation, verification and transfer activities, as well as the qualification of laboratory instruments and computerized data systems. In 2013, he set up Mark Powell Scientific Limited, which provides training and consultancy services to pharmaceutical companies. Mark has since enjoyed working with companies of all sizes around the world on a variety of training and consultancy assignments, and has recently co-authored a White Paper on Pharmaceutical Data Integrity for the laboratory supply company VWR.
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Training Program of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.