The world's premier meeting ground for the Armoured Vehicles communityThe largest dedicated conference of its type, it annually brings together 650+ defence and industry leaders, with a military cohort comprising force and operational commanders, acquisition officials, requirement-setters, capability development experts and S&T architects.
Annually attracting an international attendance of more than 40 nations; the 2022 conference represents a valuable opportunity to meet again in-person to renew professional acquaintances and build new relationships
IAVs has endured as the essential annual event for the armour community by consistently delivering world-class speakers from across the community, bringing together military practitioners, procurement officials and industry from across the supply chain.
This is not only an important forum for staying ahead of the curve of advances in technologies and concepts but, through virtue of bringing together a valuable mix of people, the forum helps cataylse developments and discuss new military methods as we debate the role of Armour in Multi-Domain Warfare, and by extension, the way we will fight tomorrow.
Why People attend IAVs:It is the largest, annual and international gathering of armoured mobility experts to develop and share your organisation's capability, knowledge and project management expertise within the largest group of targeted prospective partners, anywhere in the world
Engage with their customers and supply chains in conference and at the exhibition in order to solve common challenges and to bring forward modernisation and development agendas
Explore the future threat environment with the community's thought leaders, policy makers and innovators and support the community's ability to defeat the enemy by demonstrating your armoured capability
About International Armoured VehiclesThe annual International Armoured Vehicles Conference (IAVs) has gained a reputation as the world's premier international meeting ground for all elements of the armoured community. IAVs has established itself among the world's Armies, Marine Corps, procurement officials, and industry representatives as the unbiased quality forum to focus solely upon land vehicles and force protection.
Since the first in 2001, we've seen the rapid evolution of land power doctrine and technology. 2001 was the start of an extended period of counter-insurgency and counter-terror fighting, leading to the rapid acquisition of armoured vehicles, innovation in counter-IED technology and the proliferation of unmanned aerial systems. Now, we see the emergence of multi-domain concepts of operation, a reorientation towards high-end peer conflict and the aggressive pursuit of disruptive technologies in AI and Robotics, which are sure to revolutionise and re-energise debate within the land forces community - not least, the armoured vehicles market.
Now in its 21st year, the conference has helped contribute to the debate around many timely subjects over the years; charting trends in armoured vehicles, from the rise of the MRAP to the more recent increase in demand for 6x6 and 8x8 wheeled vehicles.
Whether you are a military practitioner, acquisition staffer, decision maker, programme manager, technical expert, industrial supplier or strategic leader, I believe you will all benefit considerably from attending IAVs and look forward to welcoming you to Twickenham early next year.
2022 Speaker Faculty
- General Sir Adrian Bradshaw, KCB, OBE, DSACEUR (Mar 2014 - Mar 2017), Conference Chairman
Early Confirmed 2022 Speakers
- Lieutenant General Sir Chris Tickell KBE, Deputy Chief of the General Staff, British Army
- Lieutenant General Ralph Wooddisse CBE MC, Commander Field Army, British Army
- Lieutenant General Theodore D. Martin, Commanding General, U.S. Army Combined Arms Center
- Lieutenant General Jürgen Knappe, Commander, Joint Support and Enabling Command
- Lieutenant General Richard Nugee CB CVO CBE, Climate Change and Sustainability Non Executive Director, UK MOD
- Major General Karl Engelbrektson, Commander, Army of Sweden
- Major General Veiko-Vello Palm, Deputy Commander, Estonian Defence Forces
- Major General David Coghlan, Head Armoured Vehicle Division, CASG, Australian DoD
- Major General Richard Coffman, Director, Next Generation Combat Vehicle, U.S. Army Futures Command
- Major General Patrick Donahoe, Commanding General, Maneuver Center of Excellence, US Army
- Major General José R. Pérez Pérez, Director of Acquisitions, Logistics Command, Spanish Army
- Brigadier General Damien de Marsac, Deputy Chief of Staff, Plans & Programs, French Ministry of Defence
- Brigadier General Robert Dundon, Director General Land Equipment Program Management, DND – Canada
- Brigadier General Ullrich Spannuth, Commander of the Armoured Forces School, German Army
- Brigadier General Holger Draber, Chief of the Strategic Capability Development Division (Planning II), Bundeswehr
- Brigadier General Mika Kalliomaa, Rector of the National Defence University, Finnish Defence Force
- Brigadier Jonathan Swift, Head of Capability, Ground Manoeuvre, British Army
- James Gavin, Future Capability Group Head, DE&S - UK MOD
- Major General (Ret.) Robert Talbot Rice, Former Director Land Equipment, DE&S, UK MoD
- Brigadier General (Ret.) Didi Ben-Yoash, Team Leader, Future Combat Vehicles, Israel Ministry of Defence
- Brigadier (Rtd) Ben Barry, OBE, Senior Fellow Land Warfare, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)
- Regine Friedberger, Programme Manager, BOXER
- Michael Sprang, Program Manager, JPO JLTV, U.S. Army
- Ted Maciuba, Deputy Director, Robotics Requirements, Maneuver Capabilities Development Integration Directorate, Futures and Concepts Center, US Army Futures Command
- Yvonne Avitov, Operations and Control Manager Future Main Combat Vehicle Team, Israel Ministry of Defense
- Lieutenant Colonel Martijn Hadicke, Commander, Robot Autonomous Systems Cell, 13th Light Infantry Brigade, Royal Netherlands Army
- Major Cory Wallace, Robotic Combat Vehicle Lead, Next Generation Combat Vehicle, US Army Futures Command
- Tom Newbery CPhys, Platform Survivability Group, Dstl
- Miha Matek, Head of Armaments Project Management Division, Slovenian Ministry of Defence
- Dr William Suttie, Land Platforms Group, Platforms Systems Division, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory - UK MOD
- Christopher F Foss, Contributing Editor, Janes
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Draft Conference Agenda of this event.