For the latest COVID-19 Travel restrictions and recommendations please click here
We present our 16th annual Parallel Trade Conference
on the 21st and the 22nd March 2022. As the only Parallel Trade Conference
in Europe, this event provides the perfect platform for industry experts from both sides of the coin to come together and share perspectives on the practice of parallel trade.
The 2022 event will be more significant than ever before due to the transition period after Brexit coming to an end. As such, the UK will no longer be part of the EU free market. This will mean increased medicines prices, reduced access to some specialist drugs and greater risk of supply chain shortages. In a post-Brexit environment, exhaustion of rights will cease to apply to the UK, making import and export a costly business and in a worst-case scenario could effectively kill parallel distribution.
This conference will bring together industry experts to discuss the challenges and drivers of the industry, including the EU regulatory landscape and the impact of the Brexit and the Pandemic together. The conference will also provide global insights on Parallel trade and will reflect on key takeaways for other member states.
Benefits of Attending
- Discover the impact of Covid-19 on Parallel trade as countries begin to release restrictions. How has the sector been influenced?
- Engage in discussions on the growth within parallel trade over the past year at the only Parallel Trade specific conference within the EU.
- Discuss the impact on UK parallel trade following Brexit, through the eyes of regulators, the pharmaceutical industry and academics
- Develop further understanding of the rules and regulation changes over the past 12 months, Parallel Trade, where are we now?
Who should attend
Vice President/ Heads of/General Managers:
- International Trade and Relations
- Supply Chain Development - Brexit
- Brexit Implementation
- Market Access
- Supply Chain Manager
- Parallel trade reporting
- Regulatory Affairs
- Policy Patent Operations
- European Affairs
- Supply and Demand
Plus an Interactive Half Day Post-Conference Workshop | Wednesday 23rd March 2022
Workshop A: Parallel Trade, let's talk details
Workshop Leader: Tushar Patel, Technical Director, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Workshop B: The Case Law of Parallel Imports
Workshop Leader: Stefan Enchelmaier, Professor of European and Comparative Law, Tutor in Jurisprudence, Lincoln College, GB-Oxford
- Beatriz San Martin, Partner, Arnold & Porter
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Dermot Glynn, Senior Advisor, Europe Economics
- Eric Noehrenberg, Vice President and Global Head of Market Access and Goverment Affairs, Corcym
- Fabrizio Gianfrate, Professor of Health Economics, University of Ferrara and Rome
- Hynek Valerian, Group Parallel Trade Manager, Dr.Max Pharmacy Chain
- Jackie Mulryne, Partner, Arnold & Porter
- Jeroen Muyldermans, Partner, Fencer
- Martin Howe QC, Queens Counsel, 8 New Square
- Martin Slegl, General Manager Czech Republic and Slovakia, IQVIA
- Paul Maeyaert, Partner, Fencer
- Peter Bogaert, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Robin Blaney, Covington & Burling, Covington & Burling
- Shabnam Hanassab-Braude, Engagement Manager, IQVIA
- Shishu Chen, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer (UK) LLP
- Stefan Enchelmaier, Professor of European and Comparative Law, Tutor in Jurisprudence, Lincoln College
- Tushar Patel, Technical Director, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ulf Grundmann, Partner, King & Spalding LLP
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.