The event will take place on 28-29 September 2022.
After announcement of climate report last year and conclusions from COP 26, we are obliged more than ever to take actions to fight climate change and reduce emissions. Bioenergy sector is the one that may contribute to saving the planet. Use of pellets and biomass
for energy purposes, but also BECCs may be helpful on our way to decarbonisation. Delivering sustainable, clean heat and power for homes and industry should be the priority. Thus, at this year edition we will take a look at aspects of using biomass
in residential heating and power generation.
This event is set to bring industry stakeholders, unique content, workshops discussions and networking. Showcase your products and services in the networking area and hold meetings with leaders from the industry. The commercial aspect of the event will create you a perfect intimate environment for doing business.
- Biomass economics and financing
- Sustainability and certification
- Impact of COVID-19 on biomass markets
- Pellet and biomass markets outlook
- Role of biomass in EU Green Deal and Dit for 55 package
- Biomass and pellet trading
- Pricing and risk management
- Recent developments in CHP plants - case studies
- Wood chips, waste wood, pellets - port operations management
- Safety issues in storage and transport
- Pellets and biomass in residential heating and power generation
- Role of biomass in fuels mix
- Role of seaports in import and export of biomass
- Agro biomass and it's rising role in decarbonisation process
- Overseas sourcing of biomass - the future of energy generation in Europe
- Significance of seaports in developing biomass supply chains
- Ports as dry bulk storages and places for handling biomass
And many more
Who & Why Should Attend
Experts from Power Companies, Commodity Traders & Distribution Companies, Producers of Biomass
, Renewable Energy Consultancies, EPC Contractors and OEMs, Regulatory & Research experts, Government organizations and others. Research centres and institutes, consultants and market analytics
Take an In-depth look into biomass
to power supply, production and applications on this 2 day event filled with presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies. Hear experts focus on new regulatory framework, fast paced market situation and more. Network and exchange ideas with colleagues from the energy industry.
Exclusive Site Visit on the 27 September 2022
The day before the main event, on 27th September 2022, a limited number of conference participants will have a unique opportunity to visit the state of the art Hamburg Lohbrugge facility The tour is organized thanks to KWA contracting and Kohlbach and there are only 30 spaces available. The bus will depart from the hotel venue a t 9:00, travel to plant for the 2 hours tour, catering will be provided and after will come back to the hotel.
Hamburg Lohbrugge plant uses woody biomass and produces hot thermal oil to drive a n organic rankine cycle (ORC) to produce electricity. The generator capacity amounts to close to 2 MWe and the thermal input of the combustion system is close to 10 MWth.
Kwa KraftwerkLohbrügge-Hamburg biomassCHP plant tour:
Register your attendance when booking for the event. There is no extra charge, the spaces are allocated on first come first served basis.
- Dr. Markus Kostron, KWA Kraftwerk Lohbrügge
- Christian Rakos, World Bioenergy Association
- Michael Schranz, Kohlbach
- Alfons van Weereld, Uniper
- Lauma Kazusa, SUEZ
- Dr. Jan Grundmann, Vattenfall/Energy Crops
- Alessandro Guercio, Turboden
- Robert Seehawer, European Energy Exchange
- Sebastian Zimmer, SB Group
- Sébastien Dubois, Engie
- Michael Bartlett, Phoenix BioPower
- Chris Scheerder, RWE Generation
- Michal Dlugosz, Bioenergy Europe
- Frank Leuschke, Doosan Lentjes
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueGrand Elysee Hamburg
Rothenbaumchaussee 10, 20148
or 49 (0)40 41 41 2-0
The 5 star Grand Elysée Hamburg is the ideal starting point for your visit to Hamburg. Just a few minutes on foot from the ICE and Metro railway station at Dammtor and close to Hamburg’s city center, Alster lake and Moorweidenpark, the hotel’s surroundings offer everything the heart desires.
Enjoy a voyage of discovery into Hamburg’s beautiful corners such as the Alster, the HafenCity and the Elbphilharmonie, the Speicherstadt (warehouse district), countless museums and theaters, and a variety of shopping options in the heart of Hamburg.