The Sniper Symposium will take place on the 21st & 22nd September 2022 at a hotel in Swindon and at COTEC in West Lavington.
The aim of the symposium is to examine the likely development of precision shooting capabilities over the next decade. The event will include senior requirements briefings by international military personnel at a hotel in the Swindon area and a day & night practical shoot at COTEC, a nearby range complex, showcasing the latest weapons, ammunition, sights and targets.
Background:The last decade of conflict and the development of technology has seen a revival of sniping in most military organisations. Snipers can be deployed in all phases of war, in law enforcement operations, in any weather, day or night and any battlefield terrain. Snipers can be included in a commander's battle plan to achieve a desired effect. Roles include: the destruction of key personnel or equipment; counter-sniping; to delay and disrupt enemy operations; battlefield commentary and to gather battlefield intelligence through observation and reconnaissance.
To achieve this the typical Sniper equipment set includes precision weapons, ammunition, and equipment that enables sniper teams to move, hide, and engage/disengage opposition forces. Assets employed by sniper teams provide a high level of accuracy with a minimal signature, reducing the risk of compromise/detection. The equipment will provide increased precision and range, will enable the sniper to more effectively engage targets, human (protected or unprotected), and light materiel, out to 2,000 meters. The systems are lightweight and will be operational day or night; in all weather conditions; on land, sea, or air.
The Sniper Symposium will feature presentations covering the latest military thinking and a practical demonstration of the most up to date technology
Who will/should attendThe Sniper Symposium will be attended by military, defence industry and law enforcement personnel from the UK and overseas.
The following speakers and topics where included at the 2020 event:
- Luke Colman, Sales & Training, Accuracy International
- Accuracy International Presentation
- Jordan Progar, International Sales Manager, Barrett Firearms
- New Advancements in Sniper Platforms
- Major Alan Jensen, Master Sniper, Norwegian Army
- Norwegian Sniper developments
- Graham Hill, Firepower Business Development, Level Peaks Associates
- Modern Sniper Requirements Development
- David Lever, UK Sales & Marketing Manager, Qioptiq Ltd
- Enabling 24hr medium to long range precision fires for the Dismounted Operator.
- Paul Harkness, Senior Sales Manager Brolis Photonics Solutions Ltd
- Next Generation Optics for Special Operations
- Speaker TBD
- Optics Warehouse Presentation
- Warrant Officer Hans Lundgaard, SME Sniper Training, Danish Army
- Frank Fletcher, Director – Sniper Solutions International Ltd
- Enhancements to Combat Sniping post Afghanistan
- Captain John George, Officer in Charge, Scout Sniper School, Weapons Training Battalion, United States Marine Corps
- United States Marine Corps Sniper capabilities today & tomorrow
- CSgt Moon, Chief Instructor, Royal Marines Scout Sniper Training Team
- Future of Royal Marines Sniping within The Commando Force
- Lt Col Livio Cavallaro, Chief of Sniper & Fire Support Weapon Training Department, Infantry School, Italian Army
- Snipers in the Italian Army
- Sgt Maj (OR-7) Jacobus Maat, course leader sniper / marksman monitor group, Royal Netherlands Army
- Snipers in the Royal Netherlands Army
2022 Event Timings and OrganisationThe Range
COTEC is a UK MOD facility on the edge of Salisbury Plain training area with the facility to fire any calibre of ammunition into the Artillery impact area. Ranges in excess of 4km are available to shoot with no restriction on ammunition natures.
The event will include a day on the range at COTEC on the 22nd September including a night shoot.Timings & Format
Wednesday 21st September
- 13:30 – 14:00 – Registration of delegates at hotel in Swindon
- 14:00 - 17:30 Presentations
- 17:30 – 19:30 Social at Hotel
Thursday 22nd September
- 09:00 – 12:00 – Presentations at Hotel. Sponsors check zero and set up at range.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:30 – Depart for range at COTEC
- 14:00 – 17:30 – Effects demo & daylight shoot
- 17:30 – 19:00 - Check Fire/Evening meal
- 19:00 – 21:00 – Night Shoot
- 21:30 – Transport to Hotel - Finish
Attendees can either drive to COTEC themselves or travel on the coach that will be provided. The coach will return to Swindon after the event.
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.Conference Location
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
For security reasons we will only provide the conference location on request or to registered attendees.