Welcome to the 15th Operational Energy Summit!
Now in it's 15th year, our Operational Energy Summit
is the leading conference addressing U.S. DoD energy priorities and ensuring opportunities to enhance military capability, readiness, and resilience for the warfighter, while mitigating and reducing the risk and cost in the supply and use of energy in operations and training are met.
The 2023 Operational Energy Summit
will focus on the following themes, to confront the challenge of the increased reliance, demand and consumption of fossil fuels:
- How to reduce soldier burden and increase mission duration
- How to reduce logistics and increase flexibility
- How to integrate technological tools and enhance performance efficiencies
As the United States Department of Defense and their constituent branches continue to hone their operational energy strategies and focus on delivering accessible, efficient, renewable and powerful energy solutions to enhance future operations, soldier lethality and survivability, the 2023 Operational Energy Summit
will delve into the continually changing and challenging operating environment for U.S. troops and NATO allies.
Join us as we make a sharp and clear push to advance operational energy and logistics capabilities that reduce the vulnerability of deployed forces to energy disruption and increase the range, reach, time on station, and performance of combat forces.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Determine new priorities for the future development and delivery of force designs and acquisition of energy resources and power related technologies
- Get up to date on the Climate Adaption Plan and understand how U.S. forces are responding to it in practical terms by applying a climate-lens to decision making
- Hear about the latest OE military requirements and initiatives from the DoD, MoD and NATO to enhance and streamline energy resiliency efforts
- Review the progress made from the Operational Energy Strategy and better understand the operational environment and uncover opportunities to enhance mission success
- Learn about the impact and implementation of Multi Domain Operations 2028 and how this is shaping the future operating environment
"Very informative with good presentations and clear definition of today’s situation and future vision. Good questions/discussions."
- Lieutenant General Richard Wardlaw OBE MSc BEng MInstRE, Chief of Defence Logistics and Support, UK Strategic Command
- Major General Mark T. Simerly, Commanding General, Combined Arms Support Command
- Kristina M. O'Brien SES, Principal Deputy Director of Strategic Logistics, J4, Joint Staff, The Pentagon
- Leigh E. Method SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense
- Roberto Guerrero SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Operational Energy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Energy
- Jim Caley, Director of Operational Energy, Research, Development & Acquisition, Department of the Navy
- Dr. Andrew Nelson Ph.D., SSTM, Director, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory - U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center
- OF-4 Wsewolod Rusow, Head of Research and Lessons Learned Division, NATO ENERGY SECURITY CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
- Nathan Cornell, Program Manager, Operational Energy, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army - Energy and Sustainability
- Senior Representative, Energy Portfolio, Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)
- Thomas Edward Morehouse Jr., Former Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs, U.S. Department of Defense
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Draft Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueHyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street, 20190
Reston, Virginia, USA
Phone: +1 703-709-1234