The 2023 Digital Engineering for Defense Summit
will bring together experts from across U.S. military services, DoD, & academia to discuss digital engineering
's role in enabling the Department of Defense to acquire, deliver, and sustain advanced warfighting systems quickly and more efficiently. This year's Summit will explore current and future efforts that aim to integrate digital engineering
tools, technologies, and processes to improve the engineering practice and acquisition of defense systems and support a digital transformation across the DoD.
Topics to be covered at the 2023 Summit:
- Promoting a Digital Engineering Strategy Across the DoD
- Leveraging DEM&S to Deliver Capabilities to the Warfighter Sustainably and Efficiently
- Engineering Army Modernization and Innovation in a Digital Age
- Digitally Empowering the Department of the Air Force to Advance Innovation and Modernization
- Digital Engineering to Accelerate the Design and Delivery of Capabilities Across the Marine Corps
- Embracing a Digital Approach to Naval Modernization
- Leveraging Digital Tools to Design, Deliver, and Sustain Warfighting Platforms
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
To remain competitive in a digital age of rapid change in technology, information, and threat complexity, the US must evolve its engineering practices in order to design, deliver, and acquire innovative capabilities at the speed of relevance. This year's Digital Engineering for Defense Summit
will explore how to integrate digital engineering
practices to speed up the delivery of new defense capabilities, transform the acquisition environment, support improved life cycle management and sustainment, and advance digital transformation across the US Department of Defense.
Attendees at this event will have the unique opportunity to hear from innovators, engineers, decision makers, and key military officials on ways to drive digital transformation across the services and promote digital fluency across the DoD's workforce. This year's event will explore opportunities to integrate simulations, 3D models and digital twins into the engineering process to increase efficiencies in system designs; reduce cost, risk, and time; and enable better life cycle management and sustainment. Additionally, this year's panel will explore how the services are integrating digital engineering
tools to modernize the design, delivery, acquisition, and sustainment of complex warfighting platforms. Join us at this year's Digital Engineering for Defense Summit
to network with senior leaders and contribute to the discussion focused on advancing digital transformation and innovation across the DoD.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits' content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in digital engineering
and innovation across military, academia, and industry. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
At Our Summit You Have the Ability To:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the digital engineering community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Digital Engineering for Defense Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Contact us for sponsorship information
2023 Confirmed Speakers:
- Jennifer Swanson, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Data, Engineering and Software, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology
- Kristen Baldwin, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Science, Technology and Engineering, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
- RDML Jason Lloyd, USN, Chief Engineer and Deputy Commander for Ship Design, Integration and Naval Engineering, Naval Sea Systems Command
- Jacqueline Janning-Lask, SES, Director, Engineering and Technical Management and Services Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
- Thomas Lockhart, SES, Director, Capability and Resource Integration (J8), U.S. Space Command
- Timothy Gramp, SES, Chief Engineer and Deputy to the Commander, Systems Engineering and Acquisition Logistics, Marine Corps Systems Command
- Daniel Hettema, Director, Digital Engineering, Modeling & Simulation, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueSunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
Hotel rooms are available at a discounted rate:THE WESTIN WASHINGTON NATIONAL HARBOR.Click HERE
to see available rooms.
171 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, Maryland 20745THE HYATT PLACE NATIONAL HARBOR.Click HERE
to see available rooms.
123 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, Maryland, United States, 20745Parking
Parking details will be provided to registrants one week before the event in the “Event Logistics” e-mail.