Big Data for Defense, Intelligence, and Homeland Security
Today’s Warfighter has access to an ever-increasing number of sensors, imagers, internet artifacts, open source and other sophisticated collection devices and mechanisms, to the point that a major challenge has become how to sift through this massive amount of information to find the most critical and actionable items of intelligence. Increasingly, this must be accomplished in near-real time and the information must be packaged in a format capable of being shared with all other pertinent parties. The result is that sensor, computer and communication technologies are being strained beyond capacity to keep pace with current and future information management and analysis needs. ‘Big Data’ tools, techniques, and technologies seek to provide the means to analyze, exploit and share conclusions drawn from this seemingly overwhelming information load.
This outstanding symposium brings together the key government and industry experts who are shaping the direction of big data research and development for defense and homeland security.
- What are the latest OSD and Service needs and initiatives in big data?
- How is big data analytics being applied to ISR, intelligence sharing, GEOINT fusion, video analytics, atmospherics, identity, biometrics, and a whole range of other critical mission applications?
- What role are new tools, techniques, and technologies – predictive analytics, cloud computing, metadata, etc. – playing in making big data analytics a reality?
- What are the future challenges and opportunities? What role(s) can industry play?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 20 Top Experts from ODNI, DIA, AFRL, CIA, JITC, AFOSR, AICOE, NGA, NITRD, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, IBM, Teradata, Wyle, Oracle, Cray, Kitware, Lucid, SYNCADD, SDMAVI and The Deptula Group examine:
- Government Strategy, Policy, Plans and Initiatives
- Identifying High-Value Missions and Applications
- Flexibility, Scalability and Security Issues and Solutions
- Using The Latest Tools and Technologies – Predictive Analytics, Semantics, Cloud, Metadata, etc.
- BDA Implementation: Collection, Processing, Management and Dissemination Strategies and Techniques
BDA in the Enterprise Architecture
Who You Will Meet
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intelligence
- Directors, Enterprise Solutions
- Directors, Business Development
- Directors, Advanced Programs
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Architects
- Technical Architects
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Engagement Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Principle Scientists
- Software Engineers
- Account Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Managers of Network Operations
- Managers of Network Security
- Sr. Data Scientists
- Data Space Engineers
- Research Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino
3570 Las Vegas Blvd. South,
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Tel: (702) 731-7110 or (800) 634-6001
(Mention “Big Data Symposium” for a special symposium room rate)
Attendance is limited to US, NATO, and allied countries only.
We reserve the right to alter the published program if necessitated by circumstances beyond our control. The material presented in this program is based on unclassified technology and unclassified technology application areas.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- MS. DAWN MEYERRIECKS, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Acquisition and Technology, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- LT. GENERAL (ret) DAVID DEPTULA, President and CEO, The Deptula Group, LLC
- DR. ARTHUR EDWARDS, Senior Research Physicist, Space Vehicles Directorate, AFRL
- DR. FREDERICA DAREMA, Director, Mathematics, Information and Life Sciences, AFOSR
- MR. GUS HUNT, Chief Technology Officer, Central Intelligence Agency
- MS. LORIE SATHER, Branch Chief, Intelligence Systems and Architecture, National Intelligence Portfolio, JITC
- MR. BRAD VAN CLEVE, GEOINT Branch Chief, Requirements Determination Directorate, U .S. Army Intelligence Center of Excellence
- MS. WENDY WIGEN, Coordinator, Big Data Analytics, National Coordination Office, NITRD
- MR. DALTON JONES, Senior Biometrics Executive, Identity Intelligence Project Office, Defense Intelligence Agency
- MR. DONNIE SELF, Senior Research Scientist, NGA
- MR. BILL PERLOWITZ, Chief Technology Officer, Science Technology and Engineering Group, Wyle
- MR. STEPHEN BROBST, Chief Technical Officer, Teradata Corp.
- DR. WILLIAM FREEMAN, Technical Director, Cyber Intelligence Division, Northrop Grumman
- DR. JOHN CARBONE, Director, GeoINT, Raytheon
- DR. ANTHONY HOOGS, Director, Computer Vision, Kitware, Inc.
- MR. LEON KATSNELSON, Director, Cloud Computing Center, IBM
- MR. ROBERT RENCHER, Senior Systems Engineer, Boeing 787, The Boeing Company
- MS. MARJO PHIPPS, Senior Program Manager, Video Analytics, General Dynamics
- MR. MARK GUITON, Director, Government Programs, Cray Research
- MR. GRANT INGERSOLL, Chief Scientist, LucidWorks
- MR. TOM PLUNKETT, Senior Consultant, Oracle Public Sector
- DR. WES BETHEL, Principal Investigator, SDMAV Institute
- MR. KRISTOFUR CARLE, Senior Software Developer, SYNCADD