We are proud to present the 10th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
. This event brings together members of the various Military branches & Federal Government agencies to discuss the current initiatives toward advancing domestic and international counter-IED
missions in support of US National Security. Senior level speakers at this forum will examine the various challenges and opportunities in EOD/IED
efforts and discuss how they are collaborating on neutralizing the threat that these threats pose to the Homeland & vital critical infrastructure.
Topics to be covered at the 2023 Symposium:
- Providing Dominant and Innovative Lethal & Protective Capabilities for the Joint Warfighter
- Leading Training in EOD & Threat Guidance in Support of Army Special Force Operations
- Enhancing DHS IED Prevention & Mitigation Efforts to Bolster Infrastructure Resiliency
- Providing Advanced Explosive Operations Technology Solutions across Irregular Warfare Activities
- Supporting Joint Service Warfighters through Next Generation Research & Technology
- Integrating EOD Requirements & Training throughout TRADOC
- Providing Humanitarian Assistance to Partner Nations through Enhanced Demining Efforts
- Strengthening EOD Interoperability & Training Through International Partnerships
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
In the wake of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars, there has been a push across the DoD to increase EOD and countermining
capabilities to face adversaries and weapons that will only become more advanced. Part of this effort is the movement towards identifying and neutralizing explosive threats from a distance and the integration of enhanced training on emerging technologies.
The Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
Attendees at the 2023 Symposium will gain insight into the emerging technologies, enhanced training, and methods of intelligence gathering that are vital to successful EOD and demining initiatives in the era of Strategic Competition. Additionally, we will convene a panel of leaders and experts to discuss the importance of global partnerships and international allies in strengthening C-IED and demining efforts.
At Our Symposium You Have the Ability To:Gain Education & Insight
: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the EOD/IED communities.Build Partnerships
: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.Influence
: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities:
The EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Contact us for sponsorship information
2023 Early Confirmed Speakers:
- COL Shawn L. Kadlec, USA, EOD Commandant, US Army Ordnance School
- COL Russell Hoff, USA, PM CCS Project Manager, JPEOAA
- LTG Reynold N. Hoover, USA (Ret.), Former Deputy Commander, USNORTHCOM
- LTC Chad Huggins, USA, Deputy Commander, 71st Ordnance Group
- LTC Corbin E. Copeland, USA, Incoming Deputy Commander, 52nd Ordnance Group
- CDR John “Jake” Keefe, USN, Deputy Branch Head, Expeditionary Combat, OPNAV N95
- Jerry Guilbert, Chief of Programs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement, Department of State
- Geir Petter Novik, Lieutenant Colonel/PhD, Norwegian Defense Research Establishment (FFI)
- Sean W. Haglund, Associate Director, Office for Bombing Prevention, CISA
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Symposium Agenda of this event.
Sunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD