Big Data for Defense & Government will be co-located with Cloud Computing for DoD and Government. Delegates will have the option of attending both events at a discounted price.
With close to 90% of Fortune 500 companies investing in Big Data projects, the commercial market has already witnessed the benefits of investing in large-scale data processing. The U.S. Government has realized the potential in Big Data and launched the long-term 2012 Big Data Initiative, investing $250 million a year in Big Data among its federal agencies, in addition to similar efforts within the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, the Intelligence Community, NASA and more.
The Big Data for Defense and Government 2013 addresses the latest government challenges, strategies and initiatives relating to Big Data Analytics, as well as the state of science in Big Data employments and technologies. Hear from those closest to these developments to learn what’s actually happening on the ground.
We are also very excited to host a Data Visualization Focus Day! Engage with leading DHS, DoD and DOE scientists who are at the forefront of data visualization advancements in the context of defense and government. Find the solutions you need to transform large data sets into visual, actionable intelligence.
With so many new Big Data developments just this past year from various U.S. defense and government agencies, now is the time to understand the trends, their subsequent effects and what the future holds.
Come join us as we hear the perspectives from the government, military, academia, and industry!
In-depth discussions will cover:
- First-hand Big Data perspectives, challenges and initiatives from the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Health and Human Services, Energy, Intelligence Community, NASA and more
- How to optimize analysis efficiency and adapt it to a wide variety of data
- Commercial market advancements and enabling success for defense
- How Big Data Analytics is being applied to ISR, Video Analysis, Biometrics, Geo Intelligence and more
- The latest storage, sharing and energy efficiency challenges and advancements for Big Data Analytics, including the role of cloud computing
- Setting the priorities of the White House Big Data Initiative
- The importance of visualization in turning raw data into actionable intelligence
- Blending public and private capabilities for Big Data success
Our Big Data for Defense and Government 2013 is a forum on the latest Big Data technology, programs, and research. You will have the opportunity to interact with a network of representatives from the federal IT community, as well as personnel from military units, government agencies, research, manufacturers/contractors, and technology service providers.
Attendees will include:
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Program Managers
Industries will include:
- Data Security
- Data Storage
- Energy Efficiency
- Technological Innovation
- Data Analytics
Venue & Accommodation
625 First Street , Alexandria, Virginia
22314 , United States
Stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria - Historic District and experience more. Get lost among the celebrated homes of Old Town. Dazzle your senses with the sights and sounds of the Nation's Capital. Then relax at our hotel with extensive services and amenities to alleviate your travel stress and help you make the most of your trip. Take advantage of our convenient Alexandria location close to Washington, DC. Enjoy free shuttle service from Ronald Reagan National Airport and King Street to our hotel. Stretch your budget with free breakfast, free parking, free internet access and an on-site 24-hour business center. Dine on-site at two delicious restaurants, Bistro On First or Café Monaco.
Group Rates: $169 plus 11.5% plus $1 per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA group to ensure the special rate. Rate is available three days pre- and post-event, based on availability. Please make your reservation before February 3, 2013 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate, based on availability.
Reservations Telephone: 877-504-0047The Summit agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
- Mr. Ted Okada, Senior Technology Advisor, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Mr. Paul Hastert, ISR Chief Information Officer, U.S. Air Force
- Dr. Sasi K. Pillay, Chief Technology Officer, NASA
- Mr. Martin Westphal, Vice Director, Joint Staff, J6
- Mr. Eric Perakslis, Chief Information Officer, Food and Drug Administration
- Mr. Robert Bectel, Chief Technology Officer, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Department of Energy
- Mr. Jason Matheny, Program Manager, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Mr. Johan Bos-Beijer, Director, Office of Integrated Technology Services, Federal Acquisition Services, General Services Administration
- Mr. Paul Benda, Director, Homeland Security Research Projects Division, Department of Homeland Security
- Dr. Elizabeth Bowman, Operations Research Analyst, Army Research Laboratory, U.S. Army
- Dr. John Stasko, Professor, School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Mr. Greg Elin, Chief Data Officer, Federal Communications Commission
- Mr. Benjamin Cutler, Program Manager, DARPA
- SES James "Terry" Simpson, Chief Technology Officer, Intelligence Directorate, U.S. Marine Corps
- Mr. Dan Green, Director, Data Sciences Team
- Mr. Greg Shaffer, Director of ISR, SPAWAR
- Mr. Paul Shaw, Director, Data Sciences Team, SPAWAR
- Dr. Marv Langston, Former U.S. Navy CIO and DoD Deputy CIO, Langston Associates
- Dr. Lawrence Rosenblum, Program Managerfor Graphics and Visualization, National Science Foundation
- Dr. Mark Livingston, Research Scientist, Naval Research Laboratory
- Ms. Dawn Meyerriecks, Deputy Director for Acquisition, Technology & Faci, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Mr. Kirit Amin, Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Ms. Izella Dornell, Deputy Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Dr. Jose Muñoz, Chief Technology Officer, National Science Foundation
- Dr. Daniel Gerstein, Deputy Under Secretary, Science and Technology Dir, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr. Avi Bender, Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Census Bureau
- Dr. Ashit Talukder, Director, Information Access Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Dr. Walter Warnick, Director, Office of Science and Technology Informa, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Wes Bethel, Senior Computer Scientist, Visualization Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Department of Energy
- Dr. David Ebert, Director, Visual Analytics for Command, Control, Department of Homeland Security