Cloud Computing for DoD & Government will be co-located with Big Data for Defense & Government. Delegates will have the option of attending both events at a discounted price.
This is the 4th year of our Cloud Computing Summit, where we bring together those who have an expertise on the topic of cloud computing with those who are seeking to implement it. This years summit takes places three years after the unveiling of the “cloud first policy” at an interesting and innovating time in the implementation of cloud computing in the defense industry. This year’s summit will focus on the Application of Tactical Cloud Computing in the war Theatre, Mission Oriented Resilient Clouds (MRC) and Performance Optimized Data Centers (POD), Security, Portability, and Interoperability, RACE: Rapid Access Computing Environment, improving the network speed of Cloud, and Implementing the Cloud into Current Government Agency Infrastructure.
“The Department’s FY13 IT budget request of approximately $37 billion includes funding for a broad range of information technology... These investments support mission critical operations that must be delivered in both an office environment and at the tactical edge on the battlefield”
-Teresa Taki, Chief Information Officer, Department of Defense
Following the implementation of the “Cloud First Policy” both the DoD and subsequent Government Agencies have begun overhauling their IT infrastructure to better meet new Cloud requirements.
In order to provide Government agencies with fluid and functional Cloud services, as well as supply our modern day warfighters with the tactical capabilities of the Cloud, there has never been a more important time than now to discuss this innovative and visionary technology.
Innovative New Focus for 2013
- Application of Tactical Cloud Computing in the war theatre
- Mission Oriented Resilient Clouds (MRC) and Performance Optimized Data Centers (POD)
- Security, portability and interoperability challenges with Cloud Computing
- Implementing the Cloud into Current government agency infrastructure
- RACE: Rapid Access Computing Environment, improving the network speed of Cloud
Venue & Accommodation
625 First Street , Alexandria, Virginia
22314 , United States
Stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria - Historic District and experience more. Get lost among the celebrated homes of Old Town. Dazzle your senses with the sights and sounds of the Nation's Capital. Then relax at our hotel with extensive services and amenities to alleviate your travel stress and help you make the most of your trip. Take advantage of our convenient Alexandria location close to Washington, DC. Enjoy free shuttle service from Ronald Reagan National Airport and King Street to our hotel. Stretch your budget with free breakfast, free parking, free internet access and an on-site 24-hour business center. Dine on-site at two delicious restaurants, Bistro On First or Café Monaco.
Group Rates: $169 plus 11.5% plus $1 per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA group to ensure the special rate. Rate is available three days pre- and post-event, based on availability. Please make your reservation before February 3, 2013 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate, based on availability.
Reservations Telephone: 877-504-0047The summit agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
- COL Stephen Birch, CIO G6, US Army
- Terry Simpson SES, Chief Technology Officer/ Enterprise Information Management Officer, Intelligence Department, HQ USMC
- Richard Spires, CIO, OCIO, DHS
- Frank Baitman, CIO, Department of Health and Human Services
- Adrian Gardner, Chief Intelligence Officer and Director of the Information Technology and Communications Directorate, Goddard Space Flight Center, NASA
- David Wennegren, Assistant Deputy Chief Management Officer, Office of Management and Budget, DoD
- Frank Konieczny SES, Chief Technology Officer, Office of Information Dominance and CIO, US Air Force
- Dr. Howard Shrobe, Program Manager, Mission-Oriented Resilient Clouds, DARPA
- Lisa Shaler-Clark, Deputy Director, INSCOM Futures, Army
- Stan Kaczmarczyk, FAS/IT Director of the Cloud Computing Service, GSA
- Katie Lewin, Program Manager, Cloud Computing, GSA
- Eric Simon, Lead, Smart Grid Architect, NIST
- Dr. Emma Garrison-Alexander, Chief Information Officer Assistant Administrator, Office of Information Technology, TSA
- Kevin McDonald, Professor, Computer Science, Georgetown University
- Avi Bender, Chief Technology Officer, Census Bureau, Department of Commerce
- Martin Humphrey, Professor, Computer Science, University of Virginia
- Jason Providakes, General Manager, Senior Vice President, MITRE
- Bob Devine, Director of Federal Sales, Terremark
- Mr. Dan Green, Executive Director, SPAWAR Data Engineering and Sc, U.S. Navy
- Mr. Greg Shaffer, Director of ISR, SPAWAR
- Paul Shaw, Data Sciences Team, SPAWAR, US Navy