The Association of the United States Army’s Institute of Land Warfare (AUSA ILW) will produce an unclassified Army Aviation symposium for members of industry and the military community at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center at National Harbor, MD, from 9-11 January 2013.The theme for this year’s event will be “Future of Army Aviation.”
The two-day event will include participation from the U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence and Ft. Rucker, the U.S. Army Program Executive Office Aviation, and the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command.
Scope & Objective
The symposium will involve discussions on how to best sustain and acquire the required materiel to directly support the Aviation warfighter and combatant commander during combat operations.
The Army of the 21st Century will be versatile, expeditionary, agile, lethal, sustainable, and interoperable. In an era of persistent conflict, these are the defining qualities of a balanced Army. Army Aviation, as a key enabler, is critical to the overall success of the Army’s mission.
The purpose of this event is to stimulate dialogue among senior Government officials, military leaders, and industry executives concerning the status of Army Aviation’s Enterprise approach to sustaining, equipping, transforming, training, and technology integration of the current and the future force in the context of ARFORGEN (Army Force Generation).
The AUSA ILW Army Aviation Symposium will provide a unique opportunity for senior leaders from industry and the military to interact and share their thoughts on the future of aviation requirements, organizations, operations, training, logistics, and acquisition.
Who Will Participate?
- Over 300 military, government, and industry professionals involved in Army Aviation.
- Senior-level executives from the leading developers and manufacturers of aviation systems used by the Army Aviation force.
- Key military leaders involved in the procurement, development, sustainment, and training process for U.S. Army
- Aviation systems including representatives from the following organizations:
- Headquarters, Department of the Army
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics & Technology
- U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
- U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence and Fort Rucker
- U.S. Army Materiel Command
- U.S. Army Program Executive Office, Aviation
- U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Military ACU/Duty uniform and business attire for civilian attendees.
Register for this event: www.ausaaviation.org