The DIOA/GOCA Fall 2013 Conference will be held at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. The gathering will commence on Sunday, September 22nd, with registration in the afternoon and an opening reception in the evening. Monday and Tuesday will feature speaker presentations and panel discussions. A special networking event and BBQ will be held Monday evening, September 23rd, and the conference will conclude Tuesday evening, September 24th, with a celebratory dinner.
We expect around 300+ Delegates.
Please make travel plans to stay at the Phoenician through the evening of Tuesday, September 24th. Check out will be on the morning of Wednesday, September 25th.
PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE AGENDA AS OF August 5 2013
DIOA/GOCA have received confirmation of attendance from many Industrial Partnership (IP) government and Industry authorities. Between the IP government authorities and Industry perspective recaps, the countries covered at the Scottsdale gathering will include Brazil, India, Israel, Kuwait, Malaysia, Norway, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, UK, and others.
Confirmed speakers include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Representatives from the Brazilian Armed Forces
- Mrs. Juanita Rodríguez Kattah, MoD Director for Science, Technology and Innovation; Colombia's approach to IP/Offsets
- Tassos Rozolis, Greek Defense Industry Association (SEKPY)
- will provide an update in recent changes to India’s Industrial Partnership programs.
- Rahul Madhavan, U.S.- India Business Council;
- Mel French, Telephonics
- Senior Representative from National Offset Company
- Dr. Kogila Balakrishnan, Warwick University – will provide an overview and explanation of recent developments in Malaysia’s IP programs
- Offsets in Poland; A view from Experts
- Prof. Hubert Krolikowski Director, Department of Offset Programs Ministry of Economy
- Wladek Rzycki – Partner K& L Gates
- Representatives from Rosoboronexport
- South Korea:
- Jong Chool Kim, Director DAPA;
- Seoksoo Hong, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality (DTaQ);
- Dr. MK Ahn, ASTK
- Dr. Hia-Ping Tsui, Industrial Cooperation Program Office, MOEA (invited)
- Deputy Undersecretary Sedat Guldogan - New Dimension for Cooperation with Turkish Defense Industry
- Muharrem Dortkasli, President and CEO of TAI Offsets As Means To Achieve Strategic Partnerships – TAI
- Ambassador James Holmes, President and CEO, American Turkish Council
- Matar Al-Romaithi, Chief Officer, Tawazun Economic Council
- Homaid Al Shemmari , Investment Committee, Executive Director, Mubadala Aerospace, Communications Technology & Defense Services
Northern Europe Panel Discussion:
William W. Nunn, CEO, Nordic American Group will Moderate a panel of distinguished representatives from the Northern Europe Region's Industry and Industrial Associations. They will focus on the impact of implementation of the EU Directive on that region from an industry perspective. The countries covered will include Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
The Scottsdale conference will also feature:
- Brinley Salzmann, Director – Overseas and Exports, ADS, will talk on recent developments in export controls in the US and around the World, and their likely impact on offsets and technology transfer. OATP, or not OATP, that is the question
- Amalia Rocheleau; Director, Industrial Partnerships; Embraer, will showcase Embraer’s global industrial activities
- Rudy Priem, Senior Government Relations Manager Europe, United Technologies
(UTC), Deputy Head of the Belgian Delegation to the NATO Industrial Advisory Group (NIAG),
Co-Chairman of the NIAG's Study Group 180, conducting a study on Transatlantic
Technological and Industrial Cooperation (TADIC): will provide an overview of how recent EU Defense Policy trends might impact transatlantic defense cooperation
- Duncan Phillips, Vice President Mitacs Strategic Enterprises, Mitacs, will showcase entrepreneurial R&D tie-ins to Canada’s IRB policy
- Jim Altemose, Raytheon, will discuss “Partnering with Japan's Trading Companies”
- Steve Saiget, General Dynamics and Bob Vander Lugt, Northrop Grumman will highlight current anti-corruption risks in today's offset environment.
- Geopolitical discussions describing events such as the rise of China and the Arab Spring and how they may affect upcoming sales and corresponding industrial partnership programs.
- Renaissance Strategic Advisors Geostrategic developments and their effects on defence exports: perspectives on MENA and S Asia
- Michael Formosa
- Paul Collins
- Ken Krieg
- David Black
- Introduction to industrial partnership training courses that will be under the auspices of various universities by Kogila Balakrishnan, Roger Bulgin and Brinley Salzmann
- Dr. Richard Freeman, Transport Industry Sector Manager, TWI Limited, will showcase successful industrial partnership programs in Taiwan and Finland
- Bruce Guile President Course Gateway, Inc. New generation online approaches to higher education/workforce development for civilian and defense-related business, engineering and health professionals in offset customer countries.
- Cutting edge innovation and technology presentation by Cisco presenting a variety of high-tech partners that can be deployed to deliver IP solutions.
- GE will showcase their experience with Civil offset programs that will explain the significant growth of global civil offset obligations and what we can expect in the years to come.
- Experts from government, universities, and the private sector who will provide insights on the challenges and solutions for the industrial partnership industry sectors. Presenters will be representatives from BAE Systems, the Boeing Company, GE, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Saab and Safran.
In addition, some of our distinguished attendees include :
- Senior Representatives from Saudi Arabia’s Industrial Partnership program
- Senior Representatives from Rosoboronexport
- Senior Representatives from NMEA
The dress code will be “Business Casual” for the opening reception, conference, and conference dinner. The Monday evening networking event is casual.
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
RESERVATIONS AT THE PHOENICIAN
We have negotiated special rates for a limited number of guest rooms at the Phoenician for the nights of September 21st-26th. The guest room rates at the Phoenician are as follows:
Run of House $199 + tax
Other room type options at the Phoenician may also be available at a higher rate.
The conference group rate will be honored four days prior (i.e. from Tuesday, Sept. 17) and after (i.e. to Monday, Sept. 30) the conference, based on availability. Please note that at this time, the hotel is fully committed on September 17th and 18th. Any attendees wishing to arrive on these days will be placed on a waitlist.
To make hotel reservations at the Phoenician, click on this reservations link https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/DIOAGOCA2013 or call +1-480-423-2575 or +1-800-888-8234 and state that you are with the DIOA-GOCA.
The cutoff date for hotel reservations at the Phoenician is 5:00 pm local time at the Hotel on September 9th. After the cutoff date, the Hotel will continue to take new reservations at the conference group rate as long as guest rooms are available.
All reservations made will be guaranteed for arrival to the individual credit card provided at the time of reservation.
For cancellations, a 24 hour cancellation notice is necessary for all reservations. Inside 24 hours prior to arrival, the individual credit card will be charged one night’s room and tax for cancelling the reservation.
Check-in is 4 pm on day of arrival and check-out is 12 pm (noon) on day of departure.
For more information on the Phoenician, please visit their Website at