As the availability of large streams of data provides the ‘vehicle’ to drive change, never before has the saying ‘information is power’ been more true than in today’s evolving pharmaceutical industry.
Big data technologies make it easier to work with and link large datasets, detect patterns in real time, predict outcomes, undertake dynamic risk scoring and test hypotheses. Applying big-data strategies to better inform decision making could generate huge value across the health-care system by optimizing innovation, improving the efficiency of research and clinical trials and building new tools for physicians, consumers, insurers and regulators.
Following on from the phenomenal success of a portfolio of pharmaceutical events, we are proud to present the inaugural Big Data in Pharma Conference Monday 12th – Tuesday 13th May 2014, London. Focusing on how to efficiently utilize data to better identify potential drug candidates and develop more effective medicines, this is the year’s must attend event.
Join us and hear timely case studies and presentations from leading pharma, biotech and technology experts as they demonstrate how to create a winning big pharma strategy by turning raw data into informative, useful information that can work for you!
Key Topics include:
- Building the ‘blueprint’ for a data-led pharmaceutical industry of the future
- Creating a successful big data organisational culture
- Forging winning strategic partnerships with patients, the public and industry to gain a competitive advantage
- Measuring the impact of big data on R&D
- Introducing data management and analysis to extract value
Benefits of Attending
This 2 day networking event will invite in depth discussion of key drivers impacting big data in pharma providing a fantastic opportunity to hear from and talk to professionals currently operating in the market. Join the event of the year to:
- Hear cutting edging presentations and key cases studies from leading big data in pharma experts
- Network and learn from industry and academic opinion leaders
- Learn about the impact of big data on pharmaceutical R&D
- Discover how big data analysis can positively impact clinical trials
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops - 14th May 2014
- Legal and practical Aspects of cloud computing
Workshop Leader: Jan hauß, head of R&d laboratory information
management system (lims), merck KGaA
8.30am - 12.30pm
- Designing and commissioning studies using big data to support drug development and marketing
Workshop Leaders: Rob thwaites, Vice President, Health Economics and Epidemiology,
evidera and Chair, Pharmaceutical industry Health Information Group, Abpi
Andrew paul cox, phd, Senior Research Associate, evidera
Radoslaw (Radek) Wasiak, phd, mA, msc, EU Director and Senior Research Scientist in Health
1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Andrew Paul Cox, Senior Research Associate, Evidera
- Athula Herath, Statistical Director, MedImmune
- Hisham Mehanna, Chair of Head and Neck Surgery, School of Cancer Sciences. Director, Institute of Head and Neck Studies and Education, University Of Birmingham
- Christopher Keenan, Director, Governance & Operations, Global Medical Information, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Hubert Caron, Professor Paediatric Oncology, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam
- Jan Hauss, Head of Research Informatics, Merck E Kgaa
- Kerstin Kleese van Dam, Associate Division Director, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Marie Cooke, Programme Manager, AstraZeneca
- Melanie Calvert, Professor of Outcomes Methodology Primary Care Clinical Sciences, University Of Birmingham
- Nick Brown, Innovation & Technology Architect, Chief Technology Office, AstraZeneca
- Niklas Bergvall, Senior Director, Global HE&OR Neuroscience, Norvartis Pharmaceuticals
- Pantaleo Nacci, Head Statistical Reporting, Novartis Limited
- Rachel Uphill, Enterprise / Information Architect, R&D IT Solutions, Delivery & Intgrtn, GlaxoSmithKline
- Radoslaw Wasiak, is an EU Director and Senior Research Scientist in Health Economics, Evidera
- Rob Thwaites, Vice President, Health Economics and Epidemiology, Evidera, Chair, Pharmaceutical Industry Health Information Group, ABPI
- Stephanie Manson, Director Global Health Outcomes, GlaxoSmithKline
- Usman Iqbal, Senior Director of Oncology, Global Evidence & Value Development, Sanofi Pharmaceuticals
- Xavier Olba, Digital Business Strategy Manager, Sanofi Aventis Spain
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Should Attend
Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Heads of Data, Heads of Business Intelligence,
Heads VPs and Directors of:
- Enterprise/Data Architecture
- Data Experts
- Information Architecture
- Health Economics Outcomes Research
- IT Operations
- Innovation & Technology
- Laboratory Information Management Systems
Holiday Inn Regents Park
W1W 5EE England