As more and more tactical, business, and social media capabilities migrate to smartphones and handheld devices, OSD and the Services have been tasked with finding a way to permit these capabilities to flourish and expand while ensuring that security and warfighter protection are maintained and enhanced. Results from recent Army experiments with providing smartphones on the battlefield via the Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA) initiative have proven the “utility of using smartphones across a full spectrum of military operations and domains with great results,” providing the opportunity to change how soldiers communicate, learn, and perform their mission.
This outstanding two day forum features senior military, government and industry experts who are defining the newest requirements and developing strategies for deploying next generation smartphones and handheld devices.
- What roles will smartphones and handheld devices play in developing DoD-wide and Service-specific mobile enterprise strategies?
- What is the status of Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA) and other initiatives?
- What are the capabilities and limitations of current smartphone platforms? What does the future hold?
- What new Transformative Apps are emerging for ISR, tactical support, video streaming and analytics, geo-fencing, remote diagnostics, logistics and inventory control, etc.?
- What are the emerging guidelines for selecting apps and building use cases?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event!
Over 25 Leading Experts from Army CSDA-MCCoE/Army BMC & RDECOM, Army/FSC2/PEOC3T, OASD/C3 & Cyber, NSA, USCG (C4IT/CG-6), Army PEO Soldier, NASA, DHS (S&T), DISA, DARPA, FCC, Verizon, Samsung, AT&T, Agilex, Mobile Work Exchange, BBN Technologies, Invincea, Cellcrypt, and BTS Software examine:
- OSD and Service Smartphone & Handheld Device Policies, Plans, Needs and Initiatives
- Future Capabilities for Smartphone and Handheld Device Platforms
- Next-Generation Military Smartphone & Handheld Device Tactical Apps
- Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications – The Way Ahead
- Smartphones and Handheld Devices in the Future Mobile Enterprise
Who You Will Meet
Some of the Titles who have Attended Past Events
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intel
- Directors, Business Development Managers
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Cyber Operations Analyst
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Manager of Network Operations
- Manager of Network Security
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
- C4ISR Requirements
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000)
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- Rear Admiral Robert Day Jr., USCG, Assistant Commandant, C4IT, Director, US Coast Guard Cyber (CG-6)
- Mr. Michael McCarthy, Director, Operations, US Army Brigade Modernization Command
- Mr. Jeffrey Witsken, Chief, Network Integration Branch, US Army Combined Arms Center, Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA), Mission Command Center of Excellence (MCCoE)
- Mr. Gregory Youst, Chief Mobility Engineer, Technology and Integration Division, CTO Office, DISA
- Ms. Margaret Salter, Technical Director, Information Assurance Directorate, National Security Administration
- Mr. Julius Knapp, Chief Engineer, Office of Engineering and Technology, Federal Communications Commission
- Dr. Belgacem Jaroux, Director, Mission Design Center, NASA Ames Research Center
- Mr. Greg Capella, Acting Head, Enterprise System Development, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr. Stephen Dennis, Cell-ALL Program Manager, Department of Homeland Security (S&T) Directorate
- Mr. Jason Regnier, Product Manager, Nett Warrior, US Army PEO Soldier
- Mr. Jeffrey Weiss, US Army, Deputy Product Director, Fire Support Command and Control, Program Executive Office, C3T
- Mr. Tim Hoechst, Chief Technology Officer, Agilex Technologies
- Dr. Patricia Buckley, Smartphone Program Lead, U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM)
- Mr. Doran Michels, Program Manager Transformative Apps, DARPA
- Mr. Michael Lack, Senior Research Director, Mobile Security, Invincea Labs, LLC
- Mr. David Tohn, Senior Vice President for Strategy at BTS Software Solutions
- Mr. Mike Zirkle, Associate Director, Government Solutions & DoD Mobility, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
- Dr. Jason Redi, Senior Director, Raytheon BBN Technologies
- Ms. Cindy Auten, General Manager, Mobile Work Exchange
- Mr. Johnny Overcast, Director of Government Sales, Samsung Telecommunications America
- Mr. Richard Chen, CSystem Architect, Cellcrypt