Big Data and Government R&D – Turning Overload into Exploitable Information Assets
In March 2012, the White House announced funding for a large new research and development initiative aimed at extracting and exploiting the “knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data to help solve some of the Nation’s most pressing challenges.” This is in addition to numerous ongoing “Big Data” programs that have been initiated across the Federal Government, including Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, NASA, and NIST aimed at spurring scientific discovery and innovation.
This outstanding conference brings together the key government and industry experts who are shaping the direction of big data research and development across the Federal Government. They will provide you with an in-depth understanding of Federal agency strategy and plans, the status and forecast for key big data initiatives, and the latest tools and technologies being developed to exploit the massive amounts of information being collected at the Federal level.
- How are large-scale analytics being applied to ease overload for our warfighters?
- What applications are being developed for homeland security and intelligence analysis?
- What is the promise of health data analytics for developing new approaches to population health management, generating informatics-based treatments to major diseases, and coordinating response to public health crises?
- What are the most recent lessons learned from the commercial world?
- What is the analytic basis for the next-generation of energy capabilities?
- What are the market prospects for these and other high-value big data missions?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 20 Experts in 2 days from DoD, NITRD, NIST, RATB, DHS, DHHS, FBI, DIA, DOE, NASA, NRL, IBM, Harris, CSC, Amazon, Splunk, GMU, and Genesis II examine:
- The Latest Federal Government Agency Strategies, Policies, Plans and Initiatives
- Identifying High-Value Missions and Applications in Defense, Homeland Security, Intelligence, Healthcare, Energy, Earth Observation … and more!
- Find out the Latest High-Value Opportunities in Big Data Applications for:
- Defense and Intelligence
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Secure Cities
- Healthcare Quality Analytics, Population Health Management, Disease Prediction and Control, Genomics and more
- Smart Energy Grid and Utility Management
- Earth Observation and Climate Prediction
- And more…
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000)
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- Mr. George Strawn, Director, National Coordination Office, NITRD, Executive Office of the President
- Mr. John Marshall, Chief Executive Officer, Genesis II; former Deputy Director, NSG/NGA
- Dr. Robert Wah, Global Chief Medical Officer, CSC; President-Elect, AMA
- Mr. Mark Krzysko, Deputy Director, ARA, OUSD/AT&L
- Mr. Robert Bectel, Senior Policy Advisor and CTO, OEE&RE, DOE
- Mr. Michael Simcock, Chief Data Architect, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr. Adam Karcher, Unit Chief, FBI; Director, Collections and Analysis, NCIJTF
- Mr. Shawn Kingsberry, Director, Health Data Initiative, HHS
- Mr. John Teeter, White House Presidential Innovation Fellow, NIST
- Dr. David Wollman, Deputy Director, Smart Grid and Cyber-Physical Systems PO, NIST
- Mr. Robert Tagalicod, Director, Office of eHealth Standards, CMS/DHHS
- Mr. Damon Davis, Director, Health Data Initiative, DHHS
- Dr. Ceren Susut-Bennett, Physical Scientist, Office of Science, Department of Energy
- Dr. Julia Skapik, Medical Officer, ONC/HIT, DHHS
- Ms. Geraldine Brooks, Chief, Capability Integration and Management Division, DIA
- Ms. Mera Choi, Chief, Standards Division, Science & Technology, ONC/HIT, DHHSy
- Dr. Thomas Rindflesch, Director, Semantic Knowledge Representation Project, NLM/NIH
- Dr. Mark Livingston, Head, Visual Analytics Laboratory, Naval Research Lab
- Mr. Keith Bryars, Client Executive, Federal Law Enforcement and National Security, Harris
- Dr. Jane Snowdon, Director and Chief Innovation Officer, IBM Federal
- Dr. Steven Platnick, Senior Project Scientist, Earth Observing System, NASA
- Mr. Gerard Christman, Senior Systems Engineer, Office of the Chief Information Officer, DoD
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Data Scientist/Professor of Astrophysics & Computational Science, GMU
- Mr. Mark Seward, Senior Director, Public Sector, Splunk
- Mr. Tim Bixler, Federal Manager, Solutions Architecture, Amazon Web Services