APAC has reserved billions to enhance its Public Safety and Internal Security operations, proving that a tipping point has been reached in the region and governments are beginning to prioritise homeland security.
This information has been put together in a easy-to-read infographic, detailing:
- Budgets of key buying countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and the rest of the region
- What every APAC country is spending on
- The total estimated spend in the region
With public safety and internal security a growing concern and agenda among governments in Asia, Director Generals, Chief of Police, Heads of Operations and Heads of Technology from the regionís police forces as well as UNODC, INTERPOL and private sector players will convene at the event.
Join them as they offer insights into the strategies and technologies they have implemented to overcome operational challenges, as well as to look for new solutions to further improve their internal security operations.
The conference agenda will be divided into 2 key thematic areas:
- Addressing transnational and localized internal security challenges in APAC: Case studies from Police Forces across the region
- Encouraging public-private cooperation to overcome public safety and internal security challenges: Case studies about land, sea, air and digital cooperative ties
Featured presentations will focus on:
- Regulatory bodies and government policies and best practices to address threats to internal law and order (anti-riot operations, counter-insurgency operations, counter-terrorism operations, policing operations)
- The latest developments, technologies, command and control frameworks and networks, and equipment available in public safety and internal security operations
- Enhancing cyber security within the governmental system to safeguard public information and national security
- The most recent disaster relief and management systems and processes in the vulnerable APAC region
Who You Will Meet at Public Safety & Internal Security Asia 2014
As Asiaís premier event focusing on BOTH operational and technological aspects of public safety and internal security, we expect attendance from:
- Chief Security Officers
- Heads of Police
- Police Commissioners
- Law enforcement agencies
- Regulatory bodies
- Private Sectors
As well as international solution providers and expert consultant from across Asia and beyond.
Venue & Accommodation
Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
160 Jalan Bukit Bintang
Phone: +60 3 2117 4888
Fax: +60 3 2142 1441
Hotel accommodation and travel costs are not included in the registration fee. A reduced corporate room rate will be arranged at Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for attendees at this conference. To take advantage of this special rate, please process the hotel room reservation form provided upon confirmation of your attendance.
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Teotimo Cruz, Chief for Operations, Manila International Airport Authority
- Mohamed Anwer Mohamad Yusoff, Head Industry and Business Development, CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Elijah Kipsoi, Digital Crime Officer, INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation
- Tamil Selvan, Head of Port Police, WestPorts Sdn Bhd
- Kiran Jadhav, Dy Insp Gen of Police, Indian Police Service, Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Alan Purisima, Chief and Director General, Philippines National Police
- Huot Veng Chan, National Advisor - Police advisor for crime prevention and community safety, Cambodian National Police
- Jeremy Douglas, Regional Representative, UNODC
- Nhat Nguyen Van, Police Senior Colonel, Director of the Graduate Department, Peopleís Police Academy, Ministry of Public Security
- John Curtis, Team Leader - International Network, Australian Federal Police
- Iriawan Kamal Thalib, Head of Financial Crime & Security Services, PT Bank DBS Indonesia
- Arif Wachyunadi, Assistant Operations, Chief, Indonesian Police Force
- Peter Morgan, Assistant Commissioner Service Quality and Honorary Associate & Special Advisor, Hostage Negotiation Unit, Hong Kong Police Force
- Reaksmey Sok, Deputy Director of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Dpt, Commissariat General of Cambodian National Police
- Police General Chatchawal Suksomjit, Deputy Commissioner-General and Director of the Children Women and Family Protection and Anti-Human Trafficking Headquarters, Royal Thai Police, Thailand
- Mr. Gerard Lee, Explosive Ordnance Disposal / Counter Terrorism Practitioner, Associate Practicing Management Consultant, Singapore Business Advisors and Consultant Council, Singapore
- Mr. Adrian Lee, Explosive Ordnance Disposal / Counter Terrorism Practitioners, Associate Practicing Management Consultant, Associate Practicing Management Consultant, Singapore Business Advisors and Consultant Council, Singapore