"Oil and Gas companies can now process and analyze enterprise, real-time and streaming data. The mash-up of data such as news on petroleum competitors bidding on leases, weather, pressure, vibration, and temperature of wells will pave the way for new opportunities in this sector. With Big Data, Oil & Gas companies can identify anomalies based on multiple conditions or predict the likelihood of drilling success, implement predictive maintenance, predict cyber-attacks, optimize safe drilling, and deploy automated alerts to reduce downtime". (Ali Rebaie, Independent Big Data analyst & consultant, Rebaie Analytics Group, 2014 Chairman)
Following on from 16 years of conferences within information and data management we are delighted to announce its first in the series of events on Big Data Analytics for E&P
This informative two day conference will give delegates the opportunity to hear the latest advancements in Big Data focusing on analytics for upstream exploration and production. Attendees will hear from a variety of industry expertise including operator case studies and leading big data vendors.
Benefits of Attending
In the last two years alone, Hadoop hit the big time, in-memory arrived, and practitioners saw data analysis deliver real results. This vast jump in such a short time shows the potential for market growth within Big Analytics. Oil and Gas operators are constantly increasing the amount of data collected. The market has the technology to use this valuable asset to increase production, efficiency and ultimately profits but how will your company embrace these changes?
With senior industry representatives presenting on their own experiences, success stories and blue sky ideas this event promises to be the must attend forum for big data in 2014.
- Develop ideas on implementing successful data management strategies
- Understand how to get the most from your big data analytics
- Discuss how to integrate your data across departments and standardise your assets
- Process, exploit and disseminate data effectively
- Hear about how to improve production with the latest technology and techniques
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Pre-Conference Workshops - Tuesday 8th JulyEmpowering the E&P ecosystem
08.30-12.30Big Data Analytics for E&P- An interactive approach
- Aapo Markkanen, Principal Analyst, ABI Research
- Alan Smith, Principle Consultant, Luchelan
- Ali Rebaie, Independent Big Data analyst & consultant, Rebaie Analytics Group
- Damiano Pesaresi, Data Acquisition Coordinator, OGS
- Dan Cornford, Reader in Computer Science, Aston University
- David Hughes, Head of Analytics, UK & Ireland, Marsh Ltd
- David Richardson, Senior Business Development Executive, School of Informatics, University Of Edinburgh
- Ian Main, Professor, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, University Of Edinburgh
- Jill Lewis, Chair, Technical Standards Committee, SEG and MD Troika International, Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- John Edwards, Professor of Knowledge Management, Aston Business School
- Matthew Smith, Founder & Principal Consultant, Fieldcloud
- Matthew Harrison, Director of Informatics, British Geological Survey
- Matthieu Lamy, CEO Talengi, Document Control Manager, GDF SUEZ
- Nils Sandsmark, General Manager, POSC Caesar Association
- Troy Christensen, E&P Backbone Data Director, Top 5 Intergrated Energy Company
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
VenueHoliday Inn Regents Park
W1W 5EE England