Our 2nd Nuclear Decommissioning & Waste Management Summit
will address the key issues faced by the consortia committed to nuclear decommissioning projects. This will include the establishment of working relationships and gaining contracts and beyond that excellence in operational procedures. The conference will focus on existing and potential projects across Europe for the sake of establishing new business and innovation in waste management and on-site procedures.
KEY TOPICS 2015
- Nuclear Energy and Decommissioning in the EU
- Decommissioning Experience in Europe; Progress so Far & Future Opportunities
- On Site Decommissioning, Care and Maintenance
- Waste and Compounds Characterisation - Waste Hierarchy and Packaging
- Challenges in Transportation of Nuclear Waste Materials
- Community Connection to the Project & Socio Economics in Contracting
- Disposal Authorisation & On-Going Discussion on Safety Issues
- Update on Spent fuel and waste management during decommissioning
- Cutting Edge Technologies & R&D Highlights
- Enhancing Business Relationships & Developing New Professionals in the Nuclear Decommissioning & Waste Management Supply Chain
AN INTERACTIVE 2 DAYS
Our meetings offer the perfect opportunity to discover the latest updates and to discuss your own challenges and solutions with your peers through an interactive and informative 2 day programme.
- Hear from an outstanding line-up of leading decommissioning site owners and tier 1 companies
- Network informally with a targeted group of senior-level executives and decision-makers from the industry
- Participate in our unique roundtable sessions giving you the chance to discuss the latest issues with your colleagues and the speakers in an open, informal and intimate setting
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE
- Gareth Davies, Burges Salmon Nuclear Team & co-Chair NIA Decommissioning Group
- Gérard Laurent - Decommissioning expert for EDF group, EDF
- Ian Gordon - Section Head – Waste Technology, Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology, Department of Nuclear Energy, IAEA
- Senior representative from Nuclear Energy Technology, Nuclear Waste And Decommissioning Unit, European Commission, DG ENERGY
- Martin Walkingshaw - Executive Director, Head Of Waste Management Services, LLW Repository Ltd
- Alex Anderson - Deputy Director, Waste And Fuels, Dounreay
- Jari Tuunanen - Director, Nuclear Waste, Fortum Power and Heat Oy
- Alastair Evans - Public Affairs Manager, NIA
- Peter Bachsleitner - Partner, Energy, Utilities and Cleantech, PCubed
- Rudi Saelens - Project Leader Decommissioning Strategy, Electrabel - GDF SUEZ
- Juliet Long - Environment & Business Manager, Radioactive Substances Regulation - Legacy & Waste issues Environment Agency
- Denise Varley - Specialist Inspector, Nuclear Liabilities Regulation, Office for Nuclear Regulation
- David Powell - Vice President Europe Nuclear Power Plant Sales, GE Hitachi
- Chris Philipsborn - Partner, Kreab Gavin Anderson
- Sean Clarke - Business Manager Sellafield Waste and Residue Processing, National Nuclear Laboratory
- Rob Thied - Principal Consultant, Nuclear Technologies
- David Hopper - Principal Consultant & Director, Advanced Robotic Technology Ltd
- Paul Traub - Managing Director & Owner, Paul Traub Associates
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
This conference invites individuals working as part of current nuclear decommissioning projects, as well as specialist providers that form part of the integral stakeholder group. These individuals will be drawn from:
Nuclear plant Owners & Operators (including Decommissioning Managers, Waste management Operators and Managers) Country Officials responsible for nuclear power development, Regulatory Officials, Radiation and health protection agencies, Packaging & Transportation Officials, Technical Service Providers, Academic Institutions.
& other professionals dedicated to the nuclear decommissioning supply chain.
VenueVenue to be confirmed