We are proud to announce the return of the highly successful Border Security conference
, now in it's 9th year, which will take place in Rome on 17th – 18th February 2016 in Rome, Italy. The value of this event is recognized by the Italian Navy who will be sending a delegation to attend and provide a senior speaker to speak about the current operations in relation to the migrant crisis.
The continuing instability in Libya means the tragic circumstances in the Mediterranean are still recurrent and the effects are being felt across Central and Western Europe all the way to the France-UK Border of Calais and Scandinavia. The 2016 event will devote a day to discussing the potential resolutions and difficulties of the current migrant crisis and sessions will be delivered by the key organisations, who will also be participating in interactive panel discussions.
The event will also focus on other aspects of border security
, such as the smuggling of drugs and illegal goods at the border as well as counter terrorism. Sessions will focus on how this can be reduced, whether it be modern technologies, greater collaboration or a larger security presence at the border.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the critical issues in the European migrant crisis
- Hear from key European organisations on how to further secure external European borders in the current climate
- Learn about the critical challenges faced at sea, land and air borders
- Discuss how technology solutions can further strengthen borders and improve efficiency
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Pre-Conference Workshops | 16th February 2016A: Migration, Borders Control and Human Rights
Hosted by: Giuseppe Cataldi, Chair, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on Migrants’ Rights in the Mediterranean
08:45 - 12:00B: Biometrics For Border Control: Impact of Immigration and the Mobile Society
Hosted by: Max Snijder, Co-Founder, European Association for Biometrics
13:00 – 16:30
- Ambassador Andrew Tesoriere, Head of Mission, EU Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) to Moldova and Ukraine
- Anh Duong, Executive Director, Borders and Maritime Security Division, Homeland Security Science and Technology
- Antti Hartikainen, Director General, Finnish Customs
- David Attard, Head of Maritime Security Compliance Monitoring, Malta Transport Authority
- Donato Colucci, Senior Regional IBM Specialist, International Organisation for Migration
- Eduardo Parodi, Vice President, LATAM and European Government Sales, Crossmatch
- Fabrice Leggeri, Executive Director, Frontex
- Giuseppe Cataldi, Director, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- John Schembri, RSO for Malta Ports
- Julian Wurtenberger, Director-General, German Customs
- Julien Coudray, Head of the API-PNR Project, French Customs
- Laurens Jolles, Regional Representative for Southern Europe, UNHCR
- Laurent Muschel, Director For Migration And Protection, DG Home Affairs, European Commission
- Lieutenant General Sergii Servatiuk, First Deputy Head, State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- Linda Schucroft, Director, Innovative Travel Solutions, Vancouver Airport Services (YVRAS)
- Markus Clabian, Senior Engineer, Coordinator FastPass Project, High-Performance Image Processing, Digital Safety & Security Department, Austrian Institute of Technology
- Michael Ryan, Director of Interagency Partnering J9, US EUCOM
- Rear Admiral (R) Massimo Annati, Former Head of the International Matters, Italian Navy
- Rear Admiral Enrico Credendino, EU NAVFOR Med Operation Commander, EU Naval Force
- Rear Admiral Flavio Biaggi, Head of Plans, Operations and Maritime Strategy Department, Italian Navy General Staff
- Rear Admiral Luis Sousa Pereira, Commandant, PRT Marine Corps (Fuzileiros), Portugese Navy
- Rear Admiral Nicola Carlone, Head of Operations Department, Italian Coast Guard Headquarters
- Senior Representative, Guardia Civil
- Wilhelmus van Gemert, Deputy Director, Operations Department, Europol
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
VenueCrowne Plaza Rome St.Peter's
Via Aurelia Antica, 415