We proudly present our inaugural event of the premier Pre-Filled Syringes series to San Diego in June 2016!
The prefilled syringes (PFS)
market is poised to account for exponential growth and account for $6 billion revenue by the end of 2020. The market has witnessed continual advancements in device design with enhanced safety and usability by patients through human factor engineering. Nonetheless, challenges surrounding biologic drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies remain key concerns amongst pharma and medical device manufacturers.
Emulating on our successful PFS
series, we are bringing this must-attend event to the West Coast, where we will focus more on the innovative technologies. Join us today to discuss with your industry colleagues to accelerate PFS
San Diego has been known for being a hub of healthcare and biotech innovation center. As of 2013, San Diego has the second-largest biotech cluster in the US, below the Boston area and above the San Francisco Bay Area.
More than 400 biotech companies are homed in the region. Major companies like Neurocrine Biosciences and Nventa Biopharmaceuticals are headquartered in SD, while many other established biotech companies - including BD Biosciences, Biogen Idec, Merck, Pfizer, Celgene and Vertex, also have their offices and R&D facilities in the heart of area, this provides the optimal setting for our premier Pre-Filled Syringes Conference
& Exhibition, which you will meet like-minded Pre-Fillled Syringes
experts at this meeting!
Benefits of Attending
Through practical case studies from pharma and interactive discussions, you will:
- Learn about the A-Z of extractables and leachables to ensure a holistic PFS safety assessment
- Keep your patients at heart: embedding human factors into device design
- Update on new PFS material selection and innovation in device design for combination products
- Understand regulators' expectations and adhere to strict visual and PFS manufacturing inspection standards
- Discuss, debate and benchmark against peers' best practice to stay ahead of the competition
Plus An Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshop | Wednesday June 8th 2016Human Factor Engineering for PFS and Autoinjectors
Led by: Dr. Aaron Muller, Senior Associate, Core Human Factors Inc
08.00 - 12.00Half-Day Post-Conference Complimentary Networking Lunch at Brewery
Wednesday June 8th 2016
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
12.30 - 16.30
(EXCLUSIVE TO PHARMA & BIOTECH, contact us for more information
- Aaron Hubbard, Process Development Engineer, Genentech
- Benir Ruano, Vice President, Global Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Xeris Pharmaceuticals
- Dhairya Mehta, Associate Director of Device and Combination Products, Shire
- Edmond Israelski, Former Director Human Factors; Co-Convener, Abbvie; ISO/IEC Joint Working Group on Usability Standards for Medical Devices
- Evan Goulet, Director, Sterilization Operations, Noxilizer, Inc.
- Frederick Gertz, Principal Researcher, ZebraSci, Inc.
- Fumihiro Ito, Researcher, MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC
- Hoang Nguyen, Software Engineer, ZebraSci, Inc.
- Jeffrey Givand, Director of Device Development, Merck, Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Jennifer Vandiver, Senior Process Scientist, Alkermes
- Juha Mattila, Senior Product Manager, STERIS FINN-AQUA
- Kevin Constable, Senior Director of Technology Development, Terumo Americas Holding, Inc
- Lisa Nilsson, Human Factors Manager, Teva Pharamceuticals
- Maria Toler, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Technology and Innovation, Pfizer
- Paul Tyson, Principal Engineer, Aseptic Filling & Packaging, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
- Robert Schultheis, President, ZebraSci, Inc.
- Shannon Hoste, Sr Staff Fellow, FDA
- Shannon Hoste, Human Factors Engineer , FDA
- Suzette Roan, Regulatory Affairs CMC, Combination Products & Medical Devices, Biogen Inc
- Tina Kiang, Deputy Director Science and Policy, Division of Anesthesiology, General Hospital, Respiratory, Infection Control and Dental Devices, FDA
- Toshiro Katayama, Product Manager, Zeon Chemicals L.P.
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who should attend
Selected audience include but are not limited to those working in the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industry with responsibilities in manufacturing, packaging, supply chain, device development and regulatory affairs.
SVP, VP, Chief, Director, Head, Principal of
- Prefilled Syringes
- Drug Delivery
- Device Development
- Global Product Management
- Human Factors
- Application/ Device Specialists
- Senior Packaging Engineers
- Finished Products & Medical Devices
- Device and Delivery Injectable
VenueHyatt Regency Mission Bay
1441 Quivira Road
San Diego, California