We are delighted to announce the 11th annual Defence Exports conference
convening on the 28th September and 29th September 2016, in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Our Defence Exports conference
will provide crucial ITAR, ECR, EAR and OFAC updates as well as changes to national European export controls from long-standing EU members, recent members as well as non-EU national updates. Alongside the elite panel of government speakers, senior international trade compliance professions will discuss the key challenges in compliance and topics include cyber security and export violations, electronic data services such as cloud and how to comply, global trade compliance programmes and self-disclosure.
This industry-leading conference brings together leading lawyers, consultants, industry professionals and government officials involved in arms controls and export compliance, thus allowing you to develop your knowledge of global export controls as well as network and meet with industry leaders.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear global updates on export control procedures to enhance your export compliance efficiency
- Understand the key challenges of export compliance to implement a robust global trade compliance programme
- Discuss how export control violations can be avoided when using IT services to transfer electronic data electronic data
- Learn about the variations and similarities in European export controls and how this may impact your global compliance programme
Plus 4 Conference WorkshopsA: Asia Pacific Export Control and Compliance
- Tuesday 27th September
Hosted by: Jay Nash, SECURUS Strategic Trade Solutions
09:00 - 12:30B: The Intra-Community Transfers - Moving Forward Through Greater Harmonisation
- Tuesday 27th September
Hosted by: Sylvia Kainz-Huber, European Commission
13:00 - 16:45
C: IT and Cybersecurity: The New Export Control Frontier
- Friday 30th September
Hosted by: Gary Stanley, Global Legal Services
08:45 - 12:15 D: Global Trade Compliance in Practice: Establishing a Compliance Programme to Think Globally, Act Locally
- Friday 30th September
Hosted by: Beth Mersch, Northrop Grumman Corporation
13:00 - 17:00
- Ambassador Philip Griffiths, Head of Secretariat, Wassenaar Arrangement
- Brigadier General Thierry Carlier, Deputy Director for International, Strategic and Technological Affairs, General Secretariat for Defence and National Security, DGA France
- Christophe Assemat, Head of Group Export Control, Airbus Helicopters
- Christophe Dessart, Export Controls, Airbus Helicopters
- Christopher Chew, Head of Export Control , Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR)
- Corinne Lagache, Senior VP, Group Compliance Officer, Safran Group
- Curtis Dombek, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Dubi Lavi, Director, Defense Export Control Agency , Ministry of Defense Israel
- Gary Stanley, President, Global Legal Services
- Georg Pietsch, Director General, Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) Germany
- Harald Hohmann, Attorney, Hohmann Rechtsanwaelte
- Jay Nash, Managing Director, Strategy & Development, SECURUS Strategic Trade Solutions, LLC
- Joshua Fitzhugh, Vice President and Group Head of Trade Controls, BAE Systems plc
- Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, U.S Department of Commerce
- Laurence Carey, GroupExport Control Manager , Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
- Max Valstar, Coordinator Arms Export Control Policy, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Morten Elbjørn Larsen, Head of Section - Global Trade & Security, Danish Business Authority
- Nancy Fischer, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Reid Whitten, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
- Renars Danelsons, Head of Export Control Division, Foreign Trade and Foreign Economic Relations Promotion Department , Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
- Rosa Rosanelli, International Trade Compliance Site Manager, Pratt & Whitney
- Thao Huynh, Manager, Global Trade Compliance, Bell Helicopter Textron
- Valerie Josien, Regional Compliance Manager EMEA, Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Vince Jarvie, Vice President of Security, L-3 Communications Corp.
- Wendy Gilmour, Director General, Trade Controls Bureau, Department Foreign Affairs & International Trade Canada
- William Alberque, Head, Arms Control and Coordination Section, NATO Headquarters
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads a tthe right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who should attend
- Trade Compliance Managers
- Heads of International Trade Compliance
- Head of Export Controls
- Head of Dual-Use Controls
- Head of Trade Controls
VenueMovenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Piet Heinkade 11