Protecting Critical Energy Infrastructure Against Cyber Attacks
With the increasing threat of cyber attacks across the globe, industries are now working towards a safer cyber environment. The energy sector is also a subject to cyber threats. Such cyber attacks, whether aimed at IT systems or critical infrastructure, are no longer a question of ''if'', but ''when''. As seen in recent months, hackers can develop new ways to breach in systems' security every day and the risk of facing an attack is an actual and permanent threat. Therefore the importance of enhancing cyber resistance, security and response is crucial.
Whether it concerns systems updates or employee training, the necessity to expand cyber security is essential. Industrial Control Systems, such as SCADA Networks, are becoming more obsolete every day. Although upgrading may be perceived as a challenge, in terms of time and capital, it is imperative to understand and react to the repercussions of having outdated systems.
Our Cyber Security - Oil, Gas, Power Conference
will bring together key stakeholders from energy majors and technology industries, to discuss the challenges and opportunities found in the current systems. The conference will also promote essential collaboration between decision makers and technology experts, in order to streamline solutions to resist cyber threats and attacks.
Join us in London, and learn about the best strategies, practices and technologies whilst networking with key actors from these industries.
- Cyber security in 2016: global overview
- Protection of cyber and physical systems
- Latest technological advancements
- Convergence of IT and Industrial control systems
- Developing and implementing a benchmark cyber secure ICT
- Case studies of major cyber security incidents
- How to manage modern day control systems
- Most advanced defence mechanisms
- Policy and Regulation: key developments in the EU
- Standards and compliance requirements
- Protecting key energy infrastructure
- Project updates: energy intensive industries
- Cyber trends in power grid security
- Balancing operational flexibility and security priorities
- Future insights in cyber security
Early Confirmed Speakers:
- Azeem Bashir, Director Cyber Security, Control Risks
- Cliff Wilson, Assiociate Partner, IBM
- Terry Greer King, Director Of Security For Cisco UK & Ireland, CISCO
- Andy Coward, VP Sales, PAS
- Dimitry Shvartsman, Director Of Industrial Security, Waterfall Security Solutions
- Senior Representative, The Security Company (International) Limited
- Mostafa Ali Al-Kaouri, Snr. Systems Analyst, Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Will Attend
Oil, Gas, Power, Utility and Technology Companies: CISO – CIO – Head of IT – Head of Security – IT Architect – Head of ICT Design – SCADA Systems Engineer/Specialist – IT Strategy & Infrastructure – Risk Analyst – and other key actors of the IT and Information Security departments
Technology & Solutions Providers: Business Development Manager – Head of Sales/Marketing – Chief Technology Officer
VenueVenue to be confirmed
London, United Kingdom