Our premier 11th Annual Parallel Trade for Pharma returns to London on 6-7 Feb 2017 after 10 successful years in the running!
According to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, parallel trade
was estimated to amount to EUR 5,589 million (value at ex-factory prices) in 2014. The fragmentation of the EU pharmaceutical market has resulted in a lucrative year for parallel trade
. Factors such as foreign exchange fluctuations and legal battles on trademarks and counterfeit medicines are continuously shifting the European market dynamics.
With Brexit and the new EU Falsified Medicine Directive, what does the future hold for parallel trade? This event will discuss short term versus long term concerns of pharma manufacturers, regulators, as well as parallel traders
. They will engage in an interactive debate and discuss how to keep abreast of the current trends and how to overcome all challenges. Discussion topics include:
- Parallel Trade 101 - Which factors determine the flow of pharmaceutical products in Europe?
- The European Commission's Falsified Medicines Directive - recent updates
- Panel Debate - In the spotlight: Shortages
- The Patient's perspective
- Parallel traders panel - challenges and opportunities
- Beyond pharmaceutical products - parallel imports of medical devices
- Panel Debate - In the spotlight: Technology & new trends
- Regional and country focus - Scandinavia, Germany, the UK, Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Eurasia
This is the only industry meeting with 80+ selected senior leaders in parallel trade
to discuss upcoming trends and share best practices. Join us today to keep abreast and stay ahead of competition!
Benefits of Attending
This conference will enable you to:
- Update on parallel trade regulations to ensure compliance
- Recap on regional markets' parallel trade activities and outlooks
- Reassess and benchmark your supply chain and distribution model against peers' for best practice
- Understand the rationale and strategy of parallel distributors through case studies and panel discussions
- Network and interact with senior thought leaders to discuss common challenges and share experiences
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 8th February 2017WORKSHOP A: Understanding IP and competition law issues in parallel trade
Workshop Leaders: Kathy Osgerby, Associate, Arnold & Porter (UK) LLP
Karoline Zwierzynska, Associate, Arnold & Porter (UK) LLP
8.30 - 12.30WORKSHOP B: Parallel Trade - Management Strategies
Workshop Leader: Janice Haigh, Practice Leader, Market Access, Quintiles
13.30 - 17.3
- Alexey Savin, Principal Russia and CIS, IMS Health
- Andrew Stainthorpe, Director Market Access and Managed Entry, Research Health
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Arnold and Porter
- Eric Noehrenberg, Director, Regional Market Access Lead, Latin America, Shire Pharmaceuticals Group Plc
- Flemming Wagner, CEO, Abacus Medicine
- Heinz Kobelt, Director European Affairs, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Iona McCall, Managing Consultant, Europe Economics
- Karoline Zwierzynska, Associate, Arnold & Porter
- Katarzyna Kolasa, Science Ph.D, Warsaw Medical University
- Kathy Osgerby, Associate, Arnold & Porter
- Maarten Kamphuis, Business Development Director, FisherFarma
- Mike Isles, Executive Director, European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines
- Oliver Luksic, Head government affairs , European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Richard Greville, Director Wales and Director Distribution & Supply, The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Shabnam Hanassab, Senior Consultant, IMS Health
- Tomasz Dzitko, President, Delfarma
- Vladimir Zah, CEE Executive Committee Chair 2015-17, ISPOR
The agenda is available as PDF under dwonloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN
Who Should Attend?
VPs, Directors, Heads, Chiefs, Principals, Managers of:
- Parallel Trade/ Import/ Export
- Supply Chain Management/ Planning
- General Counsel
- Market Access
- Business Planning
- Regulatory/ Public Affairs
from pharmaceutical and biotechs, drug manufacturers, pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical importers and exporters, parallel traders, medical device, regulator and academics.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Road
London, United Kingdom