Following 8 highly successful years of the European Base Oils & Lubricants Summit
series we have learned a great deal from the industry about the direction our event needs to move in to provide you with an even more valuable experience than before. This is why we can now bring you the new and enhanced 2017 European Base Oils & Lubricants interactive Summit
This highly anticipated summit will feature:
- 240+ attendees and 15+ exhibitors
- Parallel Streams dedicated to Industrial lubricants, Automotive Lubricants, Global Industry Perspective and Bio-Based Lubricants allowing delegates to "lean in" and have in-depth discussions with like-minded peers
- Structured networking activities: meet & greet, blackout bingo, speed networking, carpet croquet, drinks reception, networking dinner, social lotto and business card contest
- Interactive format with on-stage interviews, panel Q&A, in-conversation and lunch round tables. The summit will ensure that delegates receive content in a way that is engaging and interactive, that also allows for everyone to be part of the wider conversation
New Networking Oppurtunities
- Meet & Greet: Say hello to old friends and make new contacts. This is your chance to interact with other attendees prior to formal proceedings.
- Lunchtime Round Tables: Join our interactive round tables, where you will have the opportunity to network with those sharing similar interests and/or responsibilities to discuss the latest market trends and opportunities in a more informal environment.
- Blackout Bingo: You will get a Blackout Bingo card which will be stamped by every Sponsor/Exhibitor you meet. Once you've filled your Blackout Bingo card you will be entered into a prize draw.
- Business Card Contest: We want to see you build your network and contact list as much as possible. Therefore, we are offering a prize to whoever manages to collect the most business cards over the two days.
- Carpet Croquet: Test your precision and patience with a friendly game of carpet croquet whilst networking with fellow attendees.
- Speed Networking: This is your opportunity to make 10 brand new contacts before the sessions begin on Day Two.
- Social Lotto: Taking place during the evening drinks reception, Social Lotto is a fun way to network and win yourself a prize.
New Interactive Sessions
- Parallel Streams The streams give you the opportunity to hone in on your main business area. The agenda is designed specifically to provide targeted content for each area of expertise.
- On-Stage Interviews Attend live on-stage interviews with some of the industry's leading experts to hear their thoughts on latest industry developments and key challenges/opportunities ahead.
Exclusive Site Visit: Q8 Oils State-Of-The-Art Blending Plant in Antwerp (Fully Booked)
Started in 2007, the project was carried out over a series of phases. The first step was to install new loading arms at the jetty, followed by the construction of a new filling hall and base oil tank farm comprising 24 stock tanks. Later phases introduced a new empty pack warehouse, blending installations and related bulk storage.
The project was completed with the opening of a new additives warehouse in 2016.
Throughout the nine years there was no interruption to production and the project was completed within the projected time.
The new blending plant has the capacity to produce 125m litres each year and can easily be upgraded to double this output. Around 700 different formulations are currently produced.
In addition to the Antwerp blending plant, Q8Oils also has a blending facility in Castellar Guidobono, east of Turin in Italy, which specialises in blending metalworking products.
There is no extra charge to join the site visit, although places are limited and allocated to the conference delegates on first come first served basis. We strongly suggest to reserve your site visit space at time of booking to avoid disappointment.
- Alireza Askari, Global Key Account Manager – Axel Christiernsson
- Andrzej Chodyniecki, President of the Board of Director – GQOIL Innovation Europe
- Elham Hassanzadeh, Managing Director – Energy Pioneers
- Sharbel Luzuriaga, Project Manager – Kline Energy
- Simon Mason, Owner – Kemat Polybutenes
- Soenke Moehr, Director Global Sales, Marketing & Communication – Puraglobe
- Ákos Nemesnyik, Lubricants Product Development and Application Center Manager – MOL-LUB
- Thomas Norrby, Senior Technical Lubricants Advisor – (MWF) Emulsion Stability – Nynas AB
- Ronan Rocle, Business Development Manager – Global Bioenergies
- Michael Schneider, Senior Vice President Business Units Life Science & Materials Science – Chemspeed Technologies
- Manfred Schuckert, Head of Automotive Regulatory Strategy, Emissions and Safety, Commercial Vehicles – Daimler
- Valentina Serra-Holm, Marketing and Technology Director, Nynas AB and President – UEIL (The Union of the European Lubricant Industry)
- Ameneh Schneider, Tribology Application Consultant – Optimol Instruments
- Julia Svensson, Research Engineer, Fuel & Lube R&D, Marine Low Speed – MAN Diesel & Turbo
- Nicky Thomas, Editor – Lube Magazine
- Peter Tjan, President – ATIEL
- Anders Pettersson, Global Lubricant Coordinator – Volvo Construction Equipment
- David Tsui, Project Manager, Energy – Kline Group
- Denis Varaksin, Director, Base Oils and Slack Waxes – DYM Resources
- Matthias Bombe, General Manager – Braid Logistics Germany
- Richard Tucker, General Manager Commercial and Industry Fuels and Lubricants Technology – Shell
- John Leavens, Director Oil Markets Midstream and Downstream – IHS Energy
- Mikhail Ilyinov, Head of Base Oils – LLC RN-Lubricants Rosneft
- Senior Representative – Bapco (Bahrain Petroleum Company)
- Michel Sanchez-Rivas, PAO Customer Technical Service Manager – INEOS
- Mark Embleton, Lubricant Specialist – Maersk Oil Trading Lubricants A/S
- John Eastwood, Global Marketing Manager – Croda Europe
- Michael Jones, Sales Director – West Europe, MIddle East & Africa – Lanxess
- Milen Boychev, Board Member – Prista Oil
- Kari – Matti Elo, Director – STR TecOil
- Katty Hoste, Marketing Specialist – Chevron Base Oils
- Carl Larry, Markets Specialist – Thomson Reuters
- Mike Peters, Technical Support Manager – SIP
- Frank Stunnenberg, Chairman – CEC (Chevron Oronite)
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Preliminary Itinerary Site Visit
- 14:00 – Depart Crowne Plaza Antwerp
- 14:30 – Arrive Q8 Oils Blending Plant
- 14:45 – Technical Tour of the Facilities
- 16:15 – Depart Q8 Oils Blending Plant
- 16:45 – Arrive Crowne Plaza Antwerp
(Timings subject to change)
Please fill in your name and email to receive the summit agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Will Attend?Breakdown of Attendees by Sector
- Lubricant Manufacturers
- Base Oil Producers
- Additive Suppliers
- Technology and Service Providers
- Trading and Distribution Companies
- Packaging and Logistic Companies
Breakdown of Attendees by Job Title
- Head of Base Oil Business Development/Sales/Marketing
- Head of Global EH & S
- Head of Base Oil/Distilate Trading
- Head of Base Oil Strategy
- Head of Base Oil Strategy/R&D
- Head of Automotive/Industrial Lubricants Business Development/Sales/Marketing
- Head of Lubricant Strategy
- Head of Automotive/Industrial Lubricants Technology/R&D
- Product Manager for Automotive/Industrial Lubricants
- Head of Automotive/Industrial Lubricant Additive Technology/R&D
- Head of Base Oil/Lubricant Trading
VenueCrowne Plaza Antwerp
Gerard le Grellelaan 10
Antwerp, 2020 Belgium
Phone: +32 3 259 75 00