Following the success of its previous editions, our 9th Carbon Dioxide Utilisation Summit
will explore the ongoing developments of turning waste CO2 into profitable, commercially viable opportunities. With insights from key industry players from pilot stage to full scale entities, the conference will address both the technical and commercial aspects of CO2 Utilisation in Europe and across the globe.
This edition of the summit will highlight the different projects in place or expected to happen in the CO2 utilisation, across the various segment (fuels, chemicals, renewables, building...).
The two days event will propose an in-depth look into these various projects, as well as challenges & opportunities but also policy & regulation, framing the industry. The participants will also have the chance to discuss how to keep the industry thriving as a whole and the potential role of CO2 utilisation in the future.
- Getting the Industry together to Accelerate Market Deployment of CO2 Utilisation
- CO2 Utilisation's Role in a Sustainable Future
- Policy & Regulation
- Life Cycle Assessment of CO2 Utilisation Projects
- CO2 Bio Conversion to Renewables
- Electrochemical Reduction of CO2
- CO2 to Fuels
- CO2 to Chemicals & Materials
- Applications for CO2 Mineralisation
Exclusive Site Visit:
During the afternoon of Tuesday 17th October, prior to the conference, a limited number of attendees will receive the unique opportunity to visit CRI's George Olah Renewable Methanol Plant in Svartsengi.
Spaces for the site visit are of no extra charge and are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Matt Lucas, Associate Director for Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Sequestration, Center for Carbon Removal
- Damien Dallemagne, Project Coordinator for the Creation of a European Association dedicated to CO2 Utilisation, GreenWin
- Phillip Williamson, Science Coordinator, Natural Environment Research Council & University of East Anglia
- Dr Norbert Schmitz, Managing Director, ISCC
- Sophie Wilmet, Innovation Manager, Cefic – European Chemical Industry Council
- Michiel Stork, Managing Consultant, Ecofys
- Oskar Meijerink, Business Development Manager, SkyNRG
- Dr.-Ing Andre Sternberg, Group Leader Of Energy Systems Engineering Group, RWTH Aachen University
- Kirsten Heimann, Director, Essential Aquaculture
- Laurent Fourage, Phototrophs R&D Program Manager – Refining & Chemicals Biofuels Division, Total
- Johan Holstein, Head of Section Gas Testing & Analysis, DNV GL
- Louis Fradette, Director, CO2 Solutions
- Dr. Klaas Jan Schouten, Program Manager Electrochemistry, Avantium
- Dr. Matthias Jahn, Head of Department – Chemical Engineering & Electrochemistry, Fraunhofer IKTS
- Roland Dittmeyer, Director – Institute of Micro Process Engineering, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Jan Vaes, Engineering, Hydrogenics Europe
- Omar Sigurbjornsson, Research Director, Carbon Recycling International
- Bjorn Heijstra, Director, Process Validation, LanzaTech
- Dr. Valentin Batteiger, Future Technologies and Ecology of Aviation, Energy Technologies, Bauhaus Luftfahrt
- Doris Hafenbradl, PhD, Chief Technology Officer, Electrochaea
- Ulf Herrlett, VP of Innovation & Development, Air Liquide
- Christoph Guertler, Head of the Catalysis Program, Covestro
- Annika Stute, Project Lead – New C1 Building Blocks, Covestro
- Sebastian Stiessel, M.Sc., Fraunhofer UMSICHT
- Laura Nereng, Sustainability and Business Development Leader, 3M
- Peter Shepard, President, Aramco Performance Materials
- Richard French, Business Development Director, Econic Technologies
- Vinay Amte, Lead Research Scientist, R&D Refining, Reliance
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Will Attend?
- Energy companies investing in R&D
- Oil, gas and chemical companies with Alternative energy departments
- Governments looking for investable R&D in the energy sector
- Biofuel companies
- Power to gas/liquids fuels
- Industrial Chemical sector
- Start-up technology companies
- Chemical product manufacturers
- Fuel & Biofuel technology companies
- Perhaps the venture capital firms
- Clean energy technology companies
- Oil and gas services companies
- Gases and engineering companies
- Petrochemical consulting companies
Reykjavik, 105 Iceland + Google Map
Phone: +354 531 9000