We are proud to host the second annual Network Centric Warfare conference
, which will convene at the Crowne Park Plaza in Rome on the 1st and 2nd Februray 2018.
As we look into the 21st century, the way in which military forces communicate, disseminate intelligence and issue orders is changing as several NATO-aligned nations pursue network enabled capabilities programmes. There is now an emphasis on 'system of systems' network that empowers a robust web of interaction between air and ground forces - maximising asset deployment and creating a common operating picture.
As battlespace has become digitised, the focus on data and communication networking between joint forces and command and control facilities has taken centre stage. With combat exercises increasingly operating in asymmetrical environments, there is a growing need to exploit well networked forces. In this context, through streams of data and real-time analysis, decision making on the ground has become more effective and efficient - with robustly networked forces adaptively responding to threats with versatility and agility.
With the Italian MoD - in conjunction with industry - controlling the development zeitgeist through the Forza NEC (network enabled capability) programme, there is a clear demonstration of a continuing focus on building network enabled capability and senior military investment in the process.
The Network Centric Warfare conference
will focus on key aspects challenging and enhancing joint operations - in particular, utilisation of digital fire support, interoperability between air and ground based communication systems, digitalisation of battlespace, improving technical education and the Forza NEC programme.
Benefits of Attending
Hear the very latest advances from Armies, Air forces and Joint Force Commands related to:
- Digitalisation of battlespace
- Forza NEC
- Technical education programmes
- Communication network interoperability
- Situational awareness through network enabled ISR data
- Digital fires
Plus Half-Day Pre-Conference Workshop | Wednesday, 31th January 2018Network Centric Warfare Capabilities in Support of Homeland Security Operations
Hosted by: Major General (Ret'd) Luigi Scollo, Former Chief of Staff, NATO Rapid Deployable Italian Corps
1.00pm - 5.30pm
- Brigadier General (Ret'd) Giorgio Cuzzelli, Former Director, Joint Operations Centre, NATO JFC, Italian Army
- Brigadier General (Ret'd) Giuseppe Morabito, Director, NATO Defence College Foundation
- Brigadier General Francesco Bruno, Commander, Pinerolo Brigade, Italian Army
- Brigadier Richard Spencer, Deputy Head Battlefield Tactical Communications and Information Systems Delivery Team, UK MoD
- Captain Vincenzo Milano, Director, NATO M&S COE
- Colonel Andrew McClelland, Commander DISA Europe, DISA-Europe
- Colonel Carl J Worthington, Commander 2nd Signal Command, US Army Europe
- Colonel Joachim Neumueller, Head of FMN J6, NATO SHAPE
- Colonel Mark Parsons, Director Land Communications Infrastructure , DND
- Colonel Thomas Williams, USAREUR G3 Fires, US Army Europe
- Dr Chris Williams, Principal Scientist Cyber and Information Systems Division, DSTL
- Dr Gregory Edwards, Head of Infrastructure Services & Transition Services, NATO
- Dr John Mahaffey, Senior Scientist, NATO C3 Agency
- Lieutenant Colonel Jim Hill, DCDC-Concepts Land 2, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel John Reeder, Commander 1st Battalion Airborne 503rd Infantry , US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Ligtenberg, Branch Chief, ISTAR, Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Lieutenant General (Retd.) Giorgio Battisti, Commander Italian Army Training and Doctrine Command, Italian Army
- Lieutenant General (Retd.) Leandro De Vincenti, Former Italian Air Operations Commander and Former Chief of Staff JFC Naples, Italian Air Force
- Luigi Scollo, Formed Chief of Staff NATO Rapid Deployable Italian Corps, NATO Rapid Reaction Force Italy
- Major Filippo Biondi, Signal Processing Researcher , Italian Defence General Staff
- Major General Angelo Palmieri, Chief of 6th Division C4i and Transformation and Chief Information Officer, Italian Army
- Major Veiko Dieves, Junior Researcher, Center for Applied Studies
- Mr Giuseppe Prinzivalle, Capability Communications, Leonardo
- Mr Guerino Giancola, Head of Strategic Marketing for C4I and Communications, Leonardo
- Mr Jonathan Ochs, US Army Lead Delegate to ASCA Interoperability, PEO C3T, US Army Europe
- Mr Robert Schena, CEO, Rajant Corporation
- Rear Admiral (Ret'd) Andrea Mucedola, Former Head of Operation Support, Italian Navy
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's Hotel & Spa
Via Aurelia Antica, 415, 00165
VenueCrowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's Hotel & Spa
Via Aurelia Antica 415