Our 21st Ballast Water Management Conference
will once again bring together senior executives and experts from Shipping Companies, technology providers, leading associations and top service providers to discuss the latest challenges and developments making an impact on the industry.
The 2017 event took place in Antwerp, Belgium and brought together industry professionals from organisations including BIMCO, Bocimar, Port of Amsterdam, DHI, Alfa Laval, Lloyd's Register and many more.
This year's edition will look at the current state of the industry in depth and look into potential new solutions to ship-owners, as well as analyse the experiences faced by the industry since the ratification took place. The Conference will also attempt to look into the future of the industry and predict how things will develop in the coming years.
Due to time implications and various regulation changes many questions are left to be answered. How will type approval effect the deadlines for compliance? What current options are available for the ship-owners? How are suppliers going to guarantee the systems meet requirements for both regulatory bodies?
Our 21st Ballast Water Management Summit
will provide essential, expert guidance to shipowner/operators on how to prepare for and manage the BWT Systems in terms of selection, installation and technical operations, as well as advice on compliance, PSC and regulation once the convention is in place. The conference will also address Type Approval and system excellences for the BWT System Manufacturers
- Ballast Water Market Forecast
- IMO Updates and Crucial Developments at the MEPC
- Retrofitting of Vessels and Solutions for Ship-owners
- Port State Control Inspections
- Ship-Owner Case Studies
- Port's Perspective: How Port Authorities are tackling the Introduction of the BWMC
- US Guidelines: USCG Criteria and Gaining System Approval
- Testing of Ballast Water Systems
- Meeting Training Requirements and Guaranteeing Crew Competence
- Maintenance Strategies for Ballast Water Systems
- The Future of the Ballast Water Industry
Who Will Attend?
- Ship Owners
- Ship Managers
- Solution Providers
- P&I Clubs
- Maritime Lawyers
- IMO Representative, Marine Environment Division, IMO (Tentative)
- Spyros Michalatos, Marine, Safety & Quality Manager, Starbulk S.A.
- Sarai Romero Campo, Deputy Technical Fleet Manager of LNG, EXMAR Ship Management
- Sahan Abeysekara, Team Lead BWM, Lloyd's Register EMEA
- Ron Van Gelder, Senior Advisor, Port of Rotterdam
- Kees Hak, Senior Surveyor Engineering And Electrotechnical Affairs, Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate
- Capt. Nadeem Anwar, Senior Lecturer, Warsash School Of Maritime Science And Engineering
- Dr. Stephan Gollasch, MD, GoConsult
- Dr. Matej David, Visitng Professor, University of Rijeka
- Dr. Louis Peperzak, Test Facility Director, Control Union B.V
- Dr. Klaas Kaag, Senior Researcher, Wageningen Marine Research
- Afra Asjes, Project Manager Ballast Water, Wageningen Marine Research
- Mats Nyfors, Project Manager: Marine Consultancy and Lifecycle Solutions, Elomatic
- Fulko Roos, Managing Director, UniBallast
- Anwar Huq, Professor, Maryland Pathogen Research Institute
- Cees Van Slooten, CUC-IL Coordinator, Control Union Certifications B.V.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.