We are delighted to announce the return of the sell-out Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability
symposium, taking place in London between the 13th-15th November 2018.
As the only event purely dedicated to the area of vehicle protection, Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability 2018
will deliver a strong focus on the relationship between current requirements, emerging technologies and how these might be leveraged to enhance force protection.
Building on 2017's focus day, we will host an exclusive pre-conference Active Protection Systems focus day, dedicated to this important capability. At the meeting, experts from the most forward-thinking nations will deliberate on the best way to integrate APS, the architectures necessary to support integration, efforts to ensure system safety, STANAG 4686 standardisation and much more. The focus day will guarantee the support of technical experts from leading solution providers, covering the latest hard/soft kill systems, sensors, data processing, munitions and countermeasures.
On 14th-15th November, the two-day conference will aim to further cover the core areas of survivability in detail, exploring the latest platforms, vehicle architectures, active/passive protection, mobility, counter-IED, un-manned/autonomous solutions, signature management and stealth.
2018 Benefits of attending
- New for 2018: Benefit from briefings on the protection of armoured platforms and crews from chemical, biological, nuclear, and radiological threats (CBRN). Presentations delivered by ECBC and DE&S.
- Attend an interactive focus day exploring the development and integration of hard/soft kill active protection systems (APS), as well as national updates on the development and integration of such platforms
- Benefit from a comprehensive approach with a key focus on the technologies that go into providing enhanced protection including Armour, Signature Management, Situational Awareness, C-IED, C-UAS Protection, Materials and Sensor Technologies
- Hear national capability development updates from the British Army, DSTL, US Army, German Army, US Marine Corps, Turkish Army and many more NATO and non-NATO briefings with a comprehensive representation from the British defence sector
- A dedicated exhibition hall with a plethora of different solution providers all showcasing the latest technologies whilst providing technical briefings
- Alan Wright, Business Development Executive, Raytheon UK
- Brian Gephart, Senior Manager, Threat Detection Systems, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Brigadier (ret) Ian Cameron-Mowat, Former Head of Force Protection , British Army
- Captain Mark Hoving, Staff Officer, Royal Netherlands Army
- Colonel (Retd) Daniel McCormick, Deputy PEO Operations and Modernisation, JPEO-CBRND
- Colonel Christoph Philipp, Staff officer, Austrian MoD
- Colonel Nick Cowey, Assistant Head of Ground Manoeuvre for Combat Capabilities , British Army
- Colonel Thomas Hough, Commander of 2nd Cavalry Regiment, 7th Army Training Command., US Army Europe
- Dr. Arild Skjold, Senior Scientist, FFI
- Dr. Ronald Meixner, Pre-Sales Engineer, Rheinmetall Active Protection GMBH (RAP)
- Elias Stipidis, Director, Vetronics Research Centre
- Herbert Weisshaupt, Chief Consultant ERA Technology, Dynamit Nobel Defence GmbH
- Ian Elgy, Capability Leader for Blast and IED Protection, DSTL
- Lieutenant Colonel Brian Corbett, Section Head - Armoured Vehicle Systems , Canadian Armed Forces
- Lieutenant Colonel Karlheinz Boenke, Authorized Representative for MRAV BOXER and BV 206, II-Combat, ACCDC, German Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Paddy Bond, Commanding Officer, Armoured Trials and Development Unit, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Simon Routledge, SO1 Land Systems , DSTL
- Lieutenant Colonel Torcica Valentin, Chief Of Armoured Office, Romanian Ministry of Defence
- Lieutenant General Richard Felton, Director General Defence Safety Authority , Defence Safety Authority
- Lt. Colonel Kerim Serkan Simais, Specialist-Land Platforms , Undersecretariat for Defence Industry, Turkish MoD
- Major Aharon, APS Tech Integrator, Israeli MoD
- Major Mia Bruner, Deputy AD Survivability-Military, United States Army
- Michal Bieniek, Head of Heavy Platforms, General Dynamics European Land Systems-Mowag GmbH
- Mr David Smith, Principal Consultant, Frazer-Nash Consultancy Ltd.
- Mr Trevor Leckie, Senior Consultant, Frazer-Nash Consultancy Ltd.
- Mr. Axel Scheibel, Chief of Survivability Engineering, KMW
- Mr. Guy Davies, Capability Manager - Vehicle Systems, Leonardo MW Ltd
- Mr. Jens Schroeter, Senior Director, Engineering, General Dynamics European Land Systems
- Mr. Mark Dean, Chief of Design Engineering, General Dynamics UK Limited
- Mr. Michael Abaie, Director Engineering, ECBC, US ARMY
- Mr. Theodoros Dionysopoulos, Director, INTRACOM Defense Electronics S.A.
- Mr. Tom Newbery, Active Protection Research Technical Authority, Platform Survivability Group, DSTL, UK MoD
- Mr. Ulrich Faxel, Technical Director, Deputy Programme Manager PUMA, BAAINBw, German MoD
- Ms. Elizabeth Miller, Deputy Product Manager Vehicle Protection Systems, US Army
- Yiftach Kleinman, Manager of Marketing and Business Development at Rafael's Land Maneuver Systems Directorate, Rafael Advanced Defence Systems
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, W8 5SY
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Place, Kensington
London, United Kingdom