The pharmaceutical microbiology
industry has seen many changes during the progression into the 21st century. With advances in rapid microbiological methods, revisions being made to regulations in the industry, enhanced knowledge of the human microbiome, and novel testing methods, this industry is ever expanding. In fact, the value of the rapid microbiology testing market is expected to reach USD 6.2 Billion by 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2016 to 2022.
Join industry experts to discuss and analyze the latest advances and challenges within the industry. Network with industry professionals, discuss the revision of Annex 1, gain insight into novel rapid microbiology methods, explore case studies on contamination control and consider the issues surrounding data integrity.
Benefits of Attending
Developing on last years' success, Pharmaceutical Microbiology UK 2019
will bring together industry experts to discuss and analyze the latest advancement and challenges within pharmaceutical microbiology. Discover how you can keep up with regulatory changes, and maintain the utmost efficiency during production and testing.
At the 8th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference
, you will gain insight into:
- Challenges in development of a contamination control strategy for different product types
- A series of learning experiences within contamination from Boehringer Ingelheim
- The use of vaporized hydrogen peroxide bio-decontamination technology in microbiology contamination control
- Case studies in deinococcus and fungal and bacterial spores in cleanrooms
- Influence of temperature of incubation on results of microbiological environmental monitoring
- Risk mitigation strategies for animal-derived raw materials
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Workshop A: Common Mistakes Made When Setting Up an Environmental Monitoring Programme
Workshop Leaders:Ziva Abraham, CEO, Microrite
Morgan Polen, Contamination Control and Cleanroom Expert, Microrite
08.30 - 12.30
Workshop B: Rapid Microbial Methods & Developing a Risk-Based Cleaning and Disinfection Programme
Workshop Leaders: Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle Memorial Institute
Jim Polarine, Senior Technical Service Manager, Steris Corporation
13.30 - 17.20
''Great presentations of relevance to pharmaceutical microbiology. Some valuable learning and networking'''
''I really enjoyed the conference and how most presentations linked well with the other topics presented''
''Well organised conference with a good variety of topics!!''
- Alexander Stoll, Vice President, Head of Competence Center Microbiology and Aseptic Techniques, Fresenius Kabi
- Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle Memorial Institute
- Bill Keevil, Scientific Advisor to the House of Commons Select Committee on Science & Technology, Head of the Microbiology Group and Director of the Environmental Healthcare Unit. University of Southampton, UK, University of Southampton
- Di Morris, Senior Manager, Team Leader, Vaccines Quality Audit, GSK
- James Drinkwater, Chairman, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Sciences Society
- James Cannon, Head of OEM and Markets, Mettler-Toledo Thornton
- Jim Polarine, Senior Technical Service Manager, STERIS Corporation
- Marine Marius, Scientist, Analytical Research and Development Europe, Sanofi Pasteur
- Laurent LeBlanc, R&D Healthcare Culture Media Manager, Biomerieux
- Morgan Polen, Contamination Control and Cleanroom Expert, Microrite, Inc.
- Olivier Chancel, Sterility and Aseptic Process Assurance Expert, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Philippe Dutot, Sterility Assurance Specialist, Novo Nordisk
- Renate Rosengarten, Professor and Chair of Bacteriology and Hygiene, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- Rosemary Versteegen, CEO, International Serum Industry Association
- Sonia Allibardi, Market Access Manager, Copan Italia SpA
- Steve Simoneau, Biological Safety Project Manager, The LFB Group
- Thierry Bonnevay, Microbiology Platform Head Analytical Research & Development, Sanofi Pasteur
- Thierry Wagner, Regulatory Affairs Director Europe, Middle East and Africa, Dupont De Nemours (Luxembourg) S A
- Tim Eaton, Sterile Manufacturing Specialist, AstraZeneca
- Ziva Abraham, Founder and CEO, Microrite
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Place, Kensington
London, United Kingdom