We present our 13th annual Parallel Trade conference
, taking place in London on the 5th-6th of February 2019. As the only parallel trade conference
in Europe, this event provides the perfect platform for industry experts from both sides of the coin to come together and share perspectives on the practice of parallel trade
The 2019 event will hold a particular place of significance due to Brexit and the UK officially leaving the EU on the 29th of March 2019. As such, the UK will no longer be part of the EU free market; hence, having a significant impact on parallel trade.
Furthermore, the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) will be coming into effect in February 2019. This conference will give companies affected the perfect opportunity to discuss and consider the impact that the FMD implementation will have on their practices and on the market.
Benefits of Attending
This conference is a must-attend show for anyone involved in the parallel trade industry within pharmaceuticals and life sciences. Attending the show gives you the chance to interact with and discuss common issues with people involved in all the areas of the parallel trade industry to further strengthen your industry knowledge and approaches.
- Partake in a platform discussion inclusive of all different facets of parallel trade in order to analyse the overall state of the market
- Learn about the effects and impact of the impending FMD deadline to your company practices
- Collaborate and explore ideas of how Brexit will impact the EU market and affect parallel trade practices overall
- Discover issues surrounding competition laws and how this affects your business practices
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Pre-Conference Workhops | Monday 4th February 2019
Workshop A: Parallel Trade & Brexit. What to expect?
Workshop Leader: Tushar Patel MRPharmS, MBA, MTOPRA, PGDIP, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
08.30 - 12.30
Workshop B: Understanding IP, regulatory and competition law issues in pharmaceutical parallel trade
Workshop Leaders: John Schmidt, Partner, Arnold & Porter
Kathy Harford, Professional Support Lawyer, Arnold & Porter
13.30 - 17.00
- Antonio Mendonca Alves, CEO, MD Pharma SA
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- David Guest, Manager, Parallel Import Unit, MHRA
- Deborah Drury, Senior Consultant, Europe Economics
- Eric Noehrenberg, Director Market Access, Edwards Life Sciences
- Fabrizio Gianfrate, Professor of Health Economics, University of Ferrara and Rome
- Farasat Bokhari, Senior Lecturer in Economics, University of East Anglia
- Felipe Florez-Arango, CFO, Allergan
- Flemming Wagner, CEO, ABACUS MEDICINE A/S
- Heinz Kobelt, Director European Affairs, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Iona McCall, Senior Vice President, AlixPartners
- John Lisman, Attorney, Consultant, Trainer, Lisman Legal Life sciences B.V.
- John Schmidt, Partner, Arnold and Porter
- Kasper Ernest, Secretary General, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Kathy Harford, Professional Support Lawyer, Arnold & Porter
- Maarten Van Baelen, Market Access Director, Medicines for Europe
- Martin Slegl, Regional Principal of East Europe, IQVIA
- Mike Isles, Executive Director, European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines
- Miranda Cole, Partner, Covington & Burling
- Nerea Blanque, Senior Global Market Access and Pricing Manager, Almirall
- Shabnam Hanassab, Engagement Manager, IQVIA
- Sigve Sivertsen, Head of Parallel Trade, Apotek Hjartat AB
- Tushar Patel, Principal Consultant, Key Pharma
- Vimal Unewal, Senior Manager In-Market Supply, Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Road
London, United Kingdom