How to Market Algae Products & Applications whilst Working Together as an Industry and Attracting Durable Investments
Following the success of its previous editions, our 9th European Algae Industry Summit
(10-11 April, 2019 - Lisbon, Portugal) will explore the ongoing developments of the algae industry.
This new edition will focus on how to market the various algae-based products & applications, with case studies from key actors of each segments bringing forward their experience.
The conference will also take an in-depth look into two important themes: how can the industry work together towards standardisation & regulation for products, and specifically food products; and on the other hand, how to attract investments and create beneficial partnerships. These two topics will be discussed through interactive panel discussions, to ensure a positive exchange with all industry actors involved.
The two day event will offer an in-depth look into the technologies supporting the industry. And the participants will also have the chance to discuss how to keep the industry thriving as a whole during the numerous Q&As, and the extended networking breaks.
Join us in Lisbon for a highly interactive & informative conference, whilst enjoying the networking opportunities with your peers.
- State of the Industry: Current Outlook & Predictions
- Regulation & Standardisation: Moving towards Clearer Guidelines to Encourage Products Development
- Financing & Partnering: Investors Perspectives on Strategy & Expansion
- New Developments in Process Technologies
- Emerging End-Market: Algae-Based Chemicals & Materials
- Marketing Efficiently Algae Novel Food & Nutritional Products
- Highlighting the Sustainable Quality of Algae for Animal Feed
- Exploring Best Practices of Algae Used in Agricultural Products
- Exploring the Use of Algae for Cosmetics
Who will attend?
- Algae end market users in cosmetics, flavours, nutrition, animal feed, food and many more
- Algae producers & cultivation plant owners and operators
- Leading algae/biomass research institutes, technology providers for cultivation, harvesting, dewatering, drying, oil extraction and processing
- Plant engineers and constructors, biofuel producers and green energy & biotech investors
- Venture capitalists and financial investors for biotechnology & food industries
Exclusive Site Visit
During the Tuesday afternoon, prior to the conference, a limited number of conference delegates will receive the unique opportunity to visit the brand new ALGATEC Eco Business Park
The ALGATEC Eco Business Park, promoted by the A4F - Algae for Future group in collaboration with LusoAmoreiras and Solvay, envisions the installation of a 14.2 ha integrated platform with microalgae production and processing units, in an excellent geographical location in Europe, with high solar radiation, water sources and raw materials availability.
ALGATEC Eco Business Park, based in Portugal, started its construction in 2017, and will be one of the largest microalgae production centres in Europe. Currently, has in the pipeline the development and implementation of three innovative projects with cutting-edge technologies, for the production of microalgae and microalgae extracts to be used in the feed and food industry.
The proximity to universities and research institutes will allow the development of a cluster to support the entrepreneurs and investors in the field of microalgae with the process of knowledge-transfer between applied research, industrial production, product development and commercialisation.
The installation of ALGATEC Eco Business Park will be an essential step in strengthening a sustainable circular economy and national industrial cluster, with the first integrated park dedicated to the installation of algae biotechnology projects, based on sustainable technological development in its environmental, economic and social aspects.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. Please register your attendance for the site visit when booking for the conference.
Please note that, due to compliance reasons, attendance is subject to approval from A4F - Algae for Future.