Our 8th Annual Smart Water Systems conference
returns to London in April 2019
Now that the water companies' business plans have been submitted and OFWAT have entered the next critical phase of their price review process - scrutinising each and every plan in detail to ensure they are robust enough to deliver a high quality, affordable and resilient service to customers in the years 2020-2025 and beyond.
Our 8th annual Smart Water Systems conference
will highlight the methods the water companies are using to ensure the goals and targets that have been set are reached and exceeded. Focussing on how new technologies, IOT and Artificial Intelligence can help to produce and analyse real-time data to ensure more efficient leakage detection and management; leading to better customer engagement and subsequently decreased customers water usage.
Case Studies from Water Company in the UK, Europe and Middle East - that are already advancing with smart network technologies and strategies - will discuss the critical need for accurate, clear and manageable forecasting for consumption of water. Looking at new technologies and innovations that show best solutions for monitoring and metering; understanding of customer expectations, data-collection tools and handling of 'big' data.
An update on the smart water
meter roll outs that have been happening across the UK and parts of Europe will be a special focus exploring in detail the challenges and new developments of this implementation - such as increasing water demand, meter reading challenges and customer focused approaches.
Benefits of Attending
- Gather first hand insight into what OFWAT thought of the water companies Business Plans and what is needed moving forward to reach their goals/targets.
- Learn how data can help water companies persuade customers to use less water
- Water2020 update and future developments needed in the water industry.
- Discover how Data Analytics can lead to more efficient leakage detection and management
- Updates on smart meter programmes and Results of Smart Meter Trials - showing the challenges facing water utilities after the smart meter roll out, as well as the lessons learned
- Explore whether IOT, AI and Automated Water Management can improve customer engagement and make networks more efficient
- Find out what was learnt from the adverse weather conditions of 2018 and how we can ensure water supply is not affected by future disparities
- Develop an improved understanding on the benefits of Integration of big data between companies
- Discover new technologies and networks that could change the future of the smart water industry
- Learn the hidden value of information that can be extracted from smart meters and what to do with this new data
- Find out the best solutions to customer related issues such as customer engagement and customer-focused approaches
Chair For 2019:
- Jeremy Heath, Innovation Manager, Sutton and East Surrey Water Plc
Featured UK Speakers:
- David Black, Senior Director of Water 2020, Ofwat
- David Nwankwo, Smart Technology Lead, Thames Water
- Jan Gooijer, Innovation Manager, Vitens
- Bert de Winter, Innovation Director, De Watergroep
- Tertius Rust, PDOT Innovation Lead, South East Water
- Sean McCarthy, Head of Leakage and Optimisation, Anglian Water
- Jamie Jones, Distribution Project Manager + Institute of Water Representative, Portsmouth Water Ltd
- Eddie Wrigley, Innovation Facilitator, Northumbrian Water Group
- Adam Smith, Innovation Programme Manager, Yorkshire Water
VenueHoliday Inn London - Kensington
Wrights Lane, Kensington
London, W8 5SP, United Kingdom