Summit Focus: Building a Resilent, Effecient & Sustainanable Energy Future
The 2019 Summit is a senior level educational forum. It will focus on the technical capabilities and innovations that are allowing for advanced microgrid projects and increased penetration of renewables and DERS into the grid.
Equally, the Summit will also serve as a conduit for developing the strategic business models and use cases while discussing the current regulatory and market landscape.
2019 Summit Key Focus Areas to Include:
- Cyber resilience strategies and capabilities
- Microgrid controllers: intelligent software for load prediction, management and enabling optimal cooperation among DERS
- Advanced data analytics for optimizing DR, energy efficiency, and DER management
- Capabilities needed from a distributed energy resource management system (DERMS)
- Energy storage advancements
- Real time remote monitoring advancements and machine learning capabilities
- Cloud computing, remote connectivity, and visibility of the edge
Business Models and Regulatory Affairs
- Emerging U.S. military strategies and use cases for enhancing energy security and resiliency through increased use of microgrids and DERs on installations
- Evolving business models and strategies of leading utilities for integrating microgrids and DERS into the Grid
- The Regulatory landscape towards microgrids and DERS integration into the Grid
- Use cases for implementing a blockchain, and emerging strategies towards transactive energy methodologies
- Energy Storage Business Models
Why Should you Attend the Summit?
- RSC professional forums offer you the rare opportunity to truly partake in senior level, off the record, in depth dialogue and discussions towards the topics at hand.
- We bring together a diverse group of leaders, innovators, implementers and end-users to engage in two days of detailed, moderated plenary and panel discussions that are driven by actionable take aways for all in attendance.
- Seating is limited! Our forum invokes the feel of a 'Town Hall' format (round table seating), where you are offered the ability to help shape the topics at hand by offering your perspective, ideas and questions during the sessions.
- Ample networking time is built in to both days to allow for you to meet and engage all in attendance in an efficient and effective manner.
- Join us and walk away with knowledge gained, and collaborations established as leaders in the community come together to build out the near future of microgrids and DERS.
Several 2019 Summit Speakers Include
- Maj Gen Bradley D. Spacy, USAF, Commander, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center
- Mr. Mark Kneidinger, SES, Deputy Director of National Risk Management Center, DHS
- COL John Hurley, USA, Commander, U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville
- LtCol Tony Mitchell, USMC, Regional Facilities Officer, Marine Corps Installations West
- Dr. Thomas Bialek, Chief Engineer, SDG&E
- Mr. Andy Butcher, COO, Platte River Power Authority
- Mr. Jacob Tetlow*, Vice President, Transmission and Distribution Operations, Arizona Public Service Company
- Mr. Louis Ting, Director of Power Planning Development & Engineering, LADWP
- Mr. Jonathan Adelman, Vice President, Strategic Resources and Business Planning, Xcel Energy
- Mr. Walker Wright, Vice President, Public Policy, ENGIE Storage
- Mr. Tobias Whitney, Technical Executive, EPRI
- Dr. Keith Casey, Vice President, Market and Infrastructure Development, CAISO
- Mr. Elijah Abinah, Director, Utilities, Arizona Corporation Commission
- Mr. Simon Baker, Deputy Director, Energy Division, California Public Utilities Commission
- Mr. Drew Bohan, Executive Director, California Energy Commission
- Mr. Branden Sudduth, Vice President of Reliability Planning and Performance Analysis,Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC)
VenueParma Payne Goodall Alumni Center
San Diego State University
5250 55th St,
San Diego, CA 92182
FREE onsite Parking
Located roughly 18 minutes from San Diego Airport and San Diego waterfront
**Complimentary WIFI will be provided to all attendees and there is a full business center that attendees will have access to throughout the Summit.