Preparing for and Treating the Unknown
The Military Healthcare
System provides healthcare to active duty, US veterans and their dependents. In the President's 2019 budget request of $50.6 billion, the money will go towards medical treatment for about 1.4 million active duty military personnel. Under the NDAA, the DoD pushed for a more centralized healthcare system - in 2013, the DHA superseded TRICARE benefits and years later, ultimately began to take command and control of the Army, Air Force & Navy treatment facilities.Military Healthcare 2019
will provide a rare platform to share and discuss solutions and strategies for the way ahead. By covering a wide array of topics, from maintaining a medically ready and medically prepared force, accessibility to healthcare for efficient and effective treatment, advancing telehealth and telemedicine technologies and taking a closer look into the medical supply chain, we can ensure that the needs of the military healthcare community are met.
Seize the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and to support the current and future requirements of our medical stakeholders as they commit to continuously improve healthcare delivery to our troops and their families!
What are the Benefits of Attending?
- Address the Evolution of Military Healthcare into an Effective, Efficient, Peacetime System
- Learn about the latest simulation and modeling to enhance military medicine skill sets
- Understand Military Healthcare System contracting and acquisition procedures and upcoming priorities
- Gain insight on cost cutting efficiencies, groundbreaking and lifesaving innovation by utilizing Virtual Health and Connected Medicine
- Engage, Collaborate and Learn with International peers on medical innovation and procedures
- Hear updates from senior leaders on the way ahead for the military healthcare system, advances in medical education and training
2019 Speaker Faculty
- Rear Admiral (Ret.) Dr. Charles Harr, Former Medical Officer of the US Marines Corps, Chief Medical Officer at WakeMed
- COL Scott McIntosh, Joint Project Manager for Medical Modeling and Simulation, PEO STRI
- Col. (Dr.) John Andrus, Command Surgeon, US TRANSCOM
- (Tentative)CAPT Joseph Cohn, Chief, Research Program Administration Division J9, Research & Development Directorate, DHA
- LTC (Dr.) John Chovanes, Trauma Surgeon, Cooper University Health
- Dr. Hassan Tetteh, CMIO, Captain, Medical Corps, US Navy
- Dr. Brad R. Ringeisen, Deputy Director, Biological Technologies Office (BTO), DARPA
- CDR Cambrai Harty, Acting Deputy Director, Navy Wounded Warrior Program, US Navy
- LCdr/ Capc Michael Montague, Canadian Medical Liason Officerm Canadian Defense Liaison Staff, Canadian Armed Forces
- Timothy Boyce, Program Manager, Cooper University Health
- (Dr.) John Holaday, PhD, Adj. Professor of Psychiatry at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, CEO, DisposeRx, Inc
- Major Shawnee Williams, Chief, HSI Analysis Division, USAF
- SGM Kasandra H. Boulier, Senior Enlisted Advisor for Healthcare Operations, DHA
- Major Toni Hightower (USA, Retired), PX Coach, Veterans Experience Office
- Tawanda Turner Brown, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, USAID
- Frederick White, PX Governance and Strategy Implementation Consultation, Veterans Experience Office
- Charles Motsinger, M.D., DFAPA, LAc, Chief Medical Officer, Sharpe Medical Consulting
- Timothy Galvin, Program Manager, Cooper University Hospital
- Monday, April 29, 2019Main Day One
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019Main Day Two
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019
VenueHilton Alexandria Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22311
Located five miles from Washington, DC and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center sits near a serene lake and botanical preserve. Enjoy world-class amenities including 55,000 sq. ft. of indoor-outdoor meeting space and the award-winning Finn & Porter restaurant. Make their hotel your home away from home as you bask in the joy and comfort of the furnishings in their comfortable rooms, conveniently equipped with WiFi access and Direct TV.
Group Rate: $249 plus tax per night
Group Code: IQPC5https://book.passkey.com/gt/217365798?gtid=a0bf98d7d2f258eb7358c75595087cccPlease note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavor to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.