June, 2019 will mark the arrival of our third European Environmental Ports Conference
. The event will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers, to tackle the most pressing topics of the maritime industry.
Given the increasing focus on environmental regulations from the IMO and policy makers in the maritime sector, there is a growing responsibility and requirement of ports to reduce their environmental impact; now is a crucial time to share best practices and explore new technologies and methodologies in order to advance daily operations of a port with minimal ecological consequences.
On the 12th and 13th of June 2019, this two-day event will provide informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as discussing the possibilities of industrial collaboration and a more sustainable future.
Key topics include:
- The Ten Biggest Concerns of the Ports Industry
- Anticipating Changes to Environmental legislation
- Research & Development for Improving Air Quality Around Ports
- Potential Impact of the 2019 European Elections towards the Industry
- Outlining the Importance of the Water Framework Directive
- Port-City Interaction and Collaboration for a Sustainable Economy
- Ship-Owners and their Role Towards an Environmentally Green Future
- Innovative Approaches to Long-Term Fuel Possibilities
Who Will Attend?
- Port Authorities
- Terminal Operators
- Shipping Companies
- Policy Makers
- Tech providers
Exclusive Site Visit:
Located at the heart of Europe, the Port of Antwerp is one of the largest seaports in the region, accessible to capesize vessels and connected to the hinterland by rail, road, and river. In line with its strategic priorities 'sustainable growth' and 'transition', the port of Antwerp is taking great steps to improve the quality of water, air and soil and to decrease the emission of toxic substances per tonne of production. In addition the port focuses on generating green energy through the use of combined heat and power generation.
The port of Antwerp is also home to the Port House, the final architectural masterpiece of the late Zaha Hadid, a dynamic, innovative and most of all sustainable landmark in the Antwerp skyline.
There is no extra charge to join the site visit, although places are limited and allocated to the conference delegates on first come first served basis. Therefore, we would strongly suggest to book your place early to avoid disappointment.
Early Confirmed Speakers
- Mark Simmons, Policy Manager, British Ports Association
- Ton Van Breeman, Environment Manager, Port of Amsterdam
- Manfred Lebmeier, Head of Environment and Spatial Strategy, Hamburg Port Authority
- Eric de Deckere, Technical Manager, Environment, Port of Antwerp
- Raul Cascajo, Head of Environmental Policies, Port of Valencia
- Ron Van Gelder, Senior Adviser DHMR, Port of Rotterdam
- Annaleena Makila, Managing Director, Finnish Port Association
- Sotiris Raptis, Senior Adviser Environment and Safety, EcoPorts Coordinator, ESPO
- Maik Schmahl, Policy Officer for Maritime Safety, European Commission
- Valeria Mangiarotti, Delegate for Environment, MedCruise
- Poul Woodall, Director for Environment & Sustainability, DFDS A/S
- Wim Stubbe, Lead Partner of the Dual Ports Project, Port of Oostende
- Ashley Woods, Lead Environmental Adviser, APM Terminals
- Jan Brooke, Director, Jan Brooke Environmental Consultant Ltd
- Matthaus Wuczkowski, Head of Sustainability Management, Niedersachen Ports
- Malte Siegert, Head of Environmental Policy, NABU - The Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union
- Albert Willemsen, Environmental Consultant, ICOMIA
- Andreas Slotte, Head of Sustainable Development, Port of Helsinki
- Paul Altena, Manager for European Government Affairs , Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Europe
- Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia & Verifavia Shipping
- Ingemar Gustavsson, Business Unit Manager, Actemium
- Esa Salminen, Senior Consultant, Vahanen Environment
- Gary Logan, Senior Sales Manager, Envirosuite
- Nurettin Tekin, Project Manager, Kawasaki
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
VenueRadisson Blu Astrid Hotel
Koningin Asridplein 7
Antwerp, B-2018 Belgium
Phone: 0032 3 203 12 34