We announce the return of the 7th Annual Lyophilisation Conference
taking place on the 3rd and 4th June 2019, in London, UK.Lyophilisation
(or freeze drying) remains one of the most exciting and rapidly advancing technologies in the pharmaceutical industry to date. By 2020, the lyophilisation equipment market is projected to exceed 8% CAGR reaching approximately GBP4.4 billion. With up to a third of all FDA-approved parenterals and almost half of all injectables expected to be lyophilised in the near future, significant strides toward better standards and regulation are also anticipated to follow suit.
Despite being a relatively old process, lyophilisation
continues to raise challenges in conjunction with ever changing biopharmaceutical products that carry their own set of inherent complexities. Join us along with key opinion leaders from all areas of pharmaceuticals and biologicals to explore formulation science, materials characterisation, novel and alternative technologies, mathematical modelling and regulatory updates.
Benefits of Attending
Participating in this year's Lyophilisation 2019 conference
provides a chance to connect with research and industry leaders with the aim of tackling the most pressing hurdles in multiple areas of interest within lyophilisation
- Scrutiny of product complexity via material characterisation with the intention of gaining a deeper understanding of formulation design and its development.
- Assessing the essential factors and fitting mechanical investment for successful scale up and tech transfer
- Utility of appropriate process analytical technology tools for process monitoring, optimisation and lyophilisation cycle development
- Conducting accurate modelling and estimation for prediction and risk reduction.
- Exploring developing technologies and alternatives to traditional lyophilisation techniques
Who should attend
VPs, Directors, Chiefs, Heads, Principals, Managers and Analysts of:
- Formulation Scientists
- Principal Scientist
- Process Development/Engineer
- Quality Assurance/QA
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 5th June 2019
Workshop A: From Physical Properties to Lyophilised Product
Workshop Leader: Paul Matejtschuk, Principal Scientist & Section Head, Standardisation Science, NIBSC
08.30 - 12.30
Workshop B: Critical Assessment of Lyophilised Products Using Analytical, Visual and Mechanistic Approaches
Workshop Leader: Andrew Bright, Senior Scientist, Biopharma Process Systems Ltd
13.30 - 17.00
- Aled Jones, Manufacturing Support Manager, Ipsen Biopharm Ltd.
- Anthony Cannon, Regional Director, ExM, GTO Bio/Sterile European Region, MSD
- Bert Van Meervenne, Senior Principal Scientist, Pfizer Manufacturing
- Daryl Williams, Director of Development, Chem. Eng. Discovery, Imperial College London
- Davide Fissore, Professor, Politecnico Di Torino
- Geoff Smith, Professor of Pharmaceutical Process Analytical Technology, DeMontfort University
- Georg Frinke, Process Engineer, Bayer AG
- Kevin Ward, Director of Research and Development, BioPharma Technology
- Mire Zloh, Honorary Professor, University of Hertfordshire
- Mostafa Nakach, Head of Pharmaceutical Engineering Group, Sanofi-Aventis R&D
- Paul Barry, Development Scientist, Sanofi
- Paul Matejtschuk, Principal Scientist & Section Head, Standardisation Science, NIBSC
- Richard Denk, Head Sales Containment, SKAN AG
- Sune Klint Andersen, Principal Scientist Spray Drying , Janssen Pharmaceutica NV
- Xiaodong Chen, Senior Research Investigator , Bristol-Myers Squibb
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Road
London, United Kingdom