Building Better Benefits in the 21st Century
In recent years, the VA has made leaps and bounds in its benefits delivery modernization journey. With massive upgrades made to programs across the education and claims adjudication arms, the VA has made critical steps to better achieving its 21st Century mission goals. Looking forward the VBA is prepared to double down on these efforts by ensuring that every Veteran has access to disability payments, education benefits, transitional support, vocational training and housing.
With new developments in enterprise technology systems, artificial intelligence, claims management software and multi-channel communication solutions, the VA is primed to tackle to key issues in delivering our Nation's Veterans their rightfully earned benefits. We are honored to bring an exciting new addition to our Veterans Affairs
portfolio: the Veterans Benefits Conference
This exciting inaugural event will bring together a carefully curated speaker faculty of VBA component directors and director level speakers from organizations across the VBA and VA continuum. We invite you to join in the conversation with our esteemed speakers and subject matter experts as to how to better deliver services to Veterans across the United States.
Note: Although the subject matter of this conference relates to VA Benefits, this is a non-VA event.
- See how partner agencies, state level veterans service organizations and private enterprises ensure veterans receive benefits for housing, education, employment, disability payments and pensions.
- Learn about the latest developments and plans in the Forever GI Bill, the Office of Transition and Economic Development, Claims Modernization and the Appeals Process Reform Initiative.
- Connect with private industry partners across the technology, claims management and consulting communities to drive IT modernization, business processes and veteran satisfaction.
- Shake hands, share business cards and get to know potential partners, colleagues, counterparts and solution providers at this exciting inaugural event.
- Margarita Devlin, MA, CRC, Principal Deputy Under Secretary for Benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Mark Seastrom, Performance Analysis & Integrity Director, Veterans Benefits Administration
- Charmain Bouge, Executive Director (Interim), Education Service, Veterans Benefits Administration
- Beth Murphy, Director of the Compensation Service, Veterans Benefits Administration
- Jeffery London, Director of the Loan Guaranty Service, Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veronica Villalobos, Principal Deputy Associate Director, Employee Services, U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- Thomas Herthel, Benefits Director, Virginia Department of Veteran Services
- Sally Leimbach, Senior Consultant for Long Term Care Issues & Insurance, TriBridge Partners
- Maia Laing, Senior Business Consultant ,US Department of Health and Human Services
- Carmine D'Alessandro, Chief Legal Officer, Chesapeake Employers Insurance
- Verdie Bowen, Director, Alaska Office of Veterans Affairs
- Victor Villarreal, Manager, Innovation Lab, FDIC
- Peter Barter, Claims Administration Analyst, FDIC
- Terrence Holmes, Claims Administration Analyst, FDIC
- Marv Hagedorn, Chief Administrator, Idaho Division of Veteran Services
- Bill Ashton, Military Veterans Agricultural Liaison, United States Department of Agriculture
- Thomas Palladino, Executive Director, Texas Veterans Commission
- James McDonough, Jr, Director, New York State Division of Veterans' Services
- Payam Etminani, CEO and Co-Founder, Bitscopic
Conference Day One
- September 26, 2019Conference Day Two
- September 27, 2019
VenueHilton Alexandria Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road
Alexandria Virginia 22311
The event will take place at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, located at 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311. Please contact the hotel front desk to make your reservations today - (703) 845-1010 or visit the venue website: www.Alexandria.Hilton.comPlease note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.