The World's Longest Running International Mortar Systems MeetingFuture Mortar Systems
is the world's longest running international Mortar Systems
conference. Created with the notion of knowledge-sharing at its center, this year's conference will focus on the themes of 'technology', 'interoperability', and 'maneuverability'. Relating these themes to persisting challenges in the field of mortar firepower, presentations will explore the mobility and flexibility of troops when transporting and operating equipment, technological innovations to ensure overmatch in peer adversary war-fighting contexts, the integration of UAVs, effectively combating time-sensitive targets, operational feedback, and command and control systems.
In response to fluctuating mission demands, the themes and operations under discussion equally relate to Infantry, Artillery and Marine Corps. Structured as a three day conference with sixteen speakers and a site visit, Future Mortar Systems
will shape the strategic thinking on the future role of the dismounted soldier and indirect fire capabilities.
The 2019 Agenda in Brief:
- Lethality in Denied Environments: Improving targeting and engagement capabilities for the tactical force
- Mortars in the Megacity: Indirect Fires in Future Terrains
- Range and Precision: Building the lethality and tactical dominance of the dismounted soldier
- Irregular Ops: Amphibious Fires & Lightweight Mortars in Special Operations
- Affordability and Programme Delivery: Lifecycle management of mortar systems and munitions
- Gaps and Investment: Perspectives from R&D and industry on precision munitions, digitized fire control and advanced lethality systems
"Excellent perspectives and knowledge sharing,"
"Extremely valuable event"
"This event was very good to see the current state of mortars"
Engineer, US Army, Delegate 2015
- Christopher Foss, Editor, Janes Artillery
2019 Speaker Faculty
- Colonel Angel Esparza Lopez, Commanding Officer, Lusitania Regiment, Spanish Army
- Colonel John Musgrave, DACOS, Empowerment, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Nicholas Serle, Commanding Officer, ITDU, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Laurent Ducrot, Chief of Capability Development Branch, Artillery School, French Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Martin Sufajzl, Project Manager, Land Forces Armament Department Armament and Acquisition Division, Czech Armed Forces
- Lieutenant Colonel George Cornea, 206th Artillery BN /2nd Mountain BDE, Romanian Army
- Major Mike Johnsson, Head of Mortars/Fire Support Division, Royal Danish Army
- Captain Felix Juellig, Team Leader, Heavy Infantry Forces Development, German Army
- Captain Marin Bulog, International Military Cooperation Section, Croatian Army
- Captain Jean-Philippe Tremblay, OIC Mortars, Canadian Armed Forces
- Ross Arnold, Senior Research Engineeer, U.S. Army CCDC
- Tom Duffy, Concept and Doctrine Developer, Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group, U.S. Marine Corps
- CDT Tom Hey, 3D Advisor, BELSOF
- Colour Sergeant Gareth Markham, Chief Instructor, Mortars, Royal Marine Commandos
- Sergeant Shawn Mador, MFC SME, Canadian Armed Forces
- Robert Lucas, Lethality Branch, Mortars, US Army
: 29-30 October 2019
Live Fire Demonstration:
31 October 2019
VenueMadrid Marriott Auditorium
Av. de Aragon 400, 28022
Phone: +34 914 00 44 00
We are delighted to confirm MICE Concierge Ltd are our trusted official accommodation and concierge service for Future Mortar Systems 2019
MICE Concierge will be providing an enhanced service for all attendees to help ensure you are well looked after whilst you are in Madrid. As our trusted supplier, they have exclusive accommodation rates at the HQ hotel and will ensure you receive the best experience and most importantly the best rates.
We advise you to book through the official channel as the service is supported by the event; you will get the best rates and by staying in one of the accredited hotels you will be with other delegates and will therefore be able to network/socialise more to get the most out of the event.
To view all exclusive rates and to book online, please click here; https://www.miceconcierge.com/events/fms2019Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.