Litigation is something most companies want to avoid; unfortunately, it is a reality that we all have to be prepared for; therefore, understanding some of the things that can propel you to the winning side of a trial is beneficial to corporations and law firms. During the Advanced Legal Strategy Summit
on Litigation and Finance, we will tackle topics such as choosing the right law firm, case selection, litigation analytics, utilizing jury consultants and expert witnesses, and how to fund your law suit. Additionally, we will examine whether Third-Party Litigation Funding (TPLF) or self-funding is right for you. In addition, we will consider pending regulations and ethical considerations of using TPLF and what financing companies need to do to ensure client satisfaction. You will leave understanding new litigation best practices, ideas as to how and why your litigation financing strategy matters, and also how to take advantage of emerging technologies in order to make the best and most profitable decisions possible.
- Actionable Insights - With interactive panel discussions and use cases, master the skills you need to stay competitive. From the latest strategies to new technologies and innovations, this is the one-of-a-kind educational experience you can't afford to miss.
- Inspiring Presenters - Hear from some of today's most compelling and sought-after disruptors & pioneers leading the charge in litigation finance advancements.
- 1:1 Business Connections - Elevate your bottom line & career through unique 1:1 networking discussions aimed to bring together senior legal professionals, innovative thought leaders as well as the industry's major partners.
Who Should Attend
The Advanced Legal Strategy Summit on Litigation will draw a diverse crowd of senior legal professionals from the litigation funding space.
Responsibilities & Roles:
- In-house Corporate Counsel including, Associate General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, and General Counsel partners
- Big Law Firm Plaintiffs' Attorneys
- Big Law Defense Counsel
- Intellectual Property Lawyers
- Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Litigation & Arbitration Funders
- Hedge Funds & Private Equity Firms
- Foundations, Endowments, Corporate & Public Pension Funds
- Compliance officers including, Directors of Compliance, Senior Directors of Compliance, Chief Compliance Officers
- Litigation Finance Investors
- Strategic Advisors
- Alfred Fabricant, Partner, Chair Intellectual Property Group, Brown Rudnick LLP
- Megan Prout, Senior VP-Commercial Law & Litigation, Plains All American Pipeline LP
- Gretchen L. Jankowski, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, Shareholder, Co-Chair Litigation Section
- David Hancock, Mgr of Litigation Support and eDiscovery Services, GrayRobinson
- Stephen Crain, Partner, Bracewell LLP
- Suzanne Dinsmore, Practice Director- Litigation, Day Pitney LLP
- Francis A. Citera, Co-Chair, Products Liability & Mass Torts Litigation Group, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Marla Alhadeff, BNY Mellon, Deputy General Counsel
- Michael Glackin, Associate General Counsel, The Dow Chemical Company
- Tyler Young, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Marcia Gold, Legal Operations Manager, ADT
- Victoria Kush, Counsel, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Kelley Shirk, Member, Hall & Evans
- Holly Chastain Nini, Managing Counsel, CITGO Petroleum Corporation
- George Freeman, Executive Director, Media Law Resource Center
- Andowah Newton, Vice President, Legal Affairs & Head of Litigation, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton Inc.
- Robert Stern, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Katy Cole, Partner, Farrell Fritz, P.C.
- Lisa Marcy, Partner & Member of Management Committee, Clyde, Snow & Sessions, PC
- Eric Sarner, Chief Litigation Counsel, Linde
- Kara McCall, Partner, Sidley Austin
- Uri Itkin, Partner, Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP
- Caren Ries, Associate Counsel, Assistant Secretary & Litigation Manager, Champion Home Builders Inc
- Jeff Kestler, Chief Counsel, Patent & Licensing Group & Chief Compliance Officer, Columbia University
- Christopher Tucci, Senior Litigation Counsel, PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Peter Halprin, Partner, Pasich LLP
- Jennifer Schaller, Managing Director, The National Law Review
- Suly Avila, Claims, Litigation and Insurance Manager, Nicklaus Children's Health System
- Russell J. Genet, Director, Longford Capital Management, LP
- Michael A. Nicolas, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Longford Capital Management, LP
- Nancy Carr,CEO, Claims & Risk Management Services
- Khristen Vachal-Reese, Attorney & Shareholder, Falk, Waas, Hernandez & Solomon, P.A
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
620 East Las Olas Boulevard, 33301
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USAPhone
A group rate of $225.00 is available until February 7, 2020 Please book your room early as rooms available at this rate are limited. To make reservations, please call 954-467-0671 and request the negotiated rate by using code Momentum Event Group. You can also make your reservation online