We present Europe's leading 14th annual Parallel Trade conference
, taking place in London on the 4th-5th of February 2020. As the only B2B parallel trade conference
in Europe, this event provides the perfect platform for industry experts from both sides of the coin to come together and share perspectives on the practice of parallel trade
The size of the EU market in pharmaceutical distribution is around EUR5bn, and the UK accounts for 22.7% of this figure. The sector has an annual import value of around GBP1bn, while the annual export figure approximates GBP600m.
The 2020 event will hold a particular place of significance on shortages of medicines, current and ongoing challenges posed by Parallel Trading
, potential implications of Brexit and IP exhaustion rights.
Furthermore, the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) will be coming into effect in February 2020. This conference will give companies affected the perfect opportunity to discuss and consider the impact that the FMD implementation will have on their practices and on the market.
Benefits of Attending
- Assessing how EU membership has a "profound effect" on pharmaceutical intellectual property (IP) rights
- What's the impact and consequences of potentially a no deal Brexit on testing and clinical trials?
- Impact on availability, accessibility and innovation
- Reviewing the market exclusivity of Orphan Drugs and the increasing use of the orphan designation
- Assessing current EU legislative instruments and changes in IP framework
- An update on current illegal trade cases and the Falsified Medicines Directive
- Assessing the EU Regulation 2019/933 which entered into force on 1st July 2019
Who should attend
Vice President/ Heads of/General Managers:
- International Trade and Relations
- Supply Chain Development - Brexit
- Brexit Implementation
- Market Access
- Supply Chain Manager
- Parallel trade reporting
- Regulatory Affairs
- Policy Patent Operations
- European Affairs
- Supply and Demand
Plus Two Half-Day Pre-Conference Workshops | Monday 3rd February 2020
Workshop A: Parallel Trade and Brexit... Where are we now?
Workshop Leader: Tushar Patel, Principal Consultant, MRPharmS, MBA, MTOPRA, PGDIP, KeyPharmaceuticals Ltd.
Workshop B: Understanding IP, regulatory and competition law issues in pharmaceutical parallel trade
Workshop Leader: John Schmidt, Partne r, Antitrust, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- Aleksandra Bzdzikot, IP Lawyer, Independent
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- David Guest, Manager, Parallel Import Unit, Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Dermot Glynn, Senior Advisor, Europe Economics
- Elizabeth Pisani, Associate Professor, School of Health Policy and Management , Erasmus University
- Farasat Bokhari, Associate Professor, UEA, University of East Anglia
- Jeremy Blum, Partner, Bristows
- John Lisman, Attorney, Consultant, Trainer, Lisman Legal Life sciences B.V.
- Kasper Ernest, Secretary General, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Martin Slegl, Regional Principal of East Europe, IQVIA
- Morten Bj Petersen, Owner & Principle Advisor, European Business Advisory
- Nick Kaye, Superintendent Pharmacist , Narrowcliff Pharmacy
- Peter Bogaert, Managing Partner, Covington & Burling
- Richard Freudenberg, President - Chief Executive, BAEPD
- Shabnam Hanassab, Engagement Manager, IQVIA
- Tushar Patel, Principal Consultant, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Werner Berg, Partner, Baker Mckenzie
- Wesley Lepla, Regulatory Lawyer, Covington & Burling
- Xavier Muntaner Sitges, Global Pricing & Contracting Specialist, Almirall S A
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN