The 2nd BD&L Summit
serves as an open forum for cross-functional business development teams to share valuable insights and actionable strategies on successfully managing alliances, licensing agreements and M&A deals.
Designed as a platform for M&A, licensing, and transaction executives to share best practices from the biotech and big pharma perspective, this conference goes one step further by providing two tracks dedicated to the following areas:
- Business Development
Given the complexities of today's reimbursement landscape, a product's commercial success is often the most worrying factor. In order to effectively evaluate any new business development opportunities and ensure that every potential for unlocking the value of a transaction has been realized while forecasting the probability of both development and commercial success, life science companies need to ensure the right internal experts are involved in the evaluation process. This calls for the development and continuous improvement of a formal process that will allow organizations to efficiently and effectively evaluate, negotiate, structure, and close a transaction.
The 2nd BD&L Summit for Life Sciences
serves as an educational platform for cross-functional experts to share best practices for managing M&A, strategic alliances, and licensing deals, and allows teams to choose their own adventure and tailor their educational experience by attending sessions from two distinct tracks. Don't miss this opportunity to gain a holistic view of the broader business development process and learn from your peers on how to better support your functional counterparts.
PANEL DISCUSSIONS, TWO TRACKS, AND LEADERSHIP PERSPECTIVES ON TOPICS ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS!
- Explore best practices for companies of all sizes looking to acquire or in-license a product
- Understand how to conduct a comprehensive intellectual property due diligence investigation, and how it can alter the strategy for your deal
- Learn how to evaluate and effectively manage strategic alliances through case studies from industry leaders
- Discuss tactics to establish a unique position of leverage during negotiations with multiple parties
- Gain valuable insight into the impact company culture can have on the success of integrating the workforce post-merger or acquisition
- Karh Parscahauer, EVP, General Counsel, ULTRAGENYX
- Linus S Lin, Ph.D., Managing Director, Chorus, ELI LILY
- Christopher Haskell, Ph.D., Vice President, Head Open Innovation Center - North America West , BAYER
- Jennifer Leeds, PH.D., Executive Director, BD&L, NOVARTIS
- Olga Kay, J.D., PH.D., Senior IP Counsel, ROCHE MOLECULAR SOLUTIONS
- Sheldon L Koenig, MBA, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER, PORTOLA PHARMACEUTICALS
- Philip Gutry, Chief Business Officer, KRONOS BIO
- Jay Parish, Chief Business Officer, VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueHyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf
555 North Point Street, 94133
San Francisco, CA, USA
To make reservations guests can call 888-591-1234 and request the negotiated rate for this 2nd BD&L Summit. The group rate is available until February 18, 2020. Please book your room early, as rooms available at this rate are limited. To make reservations online click here