Note: This event was originally planned for 25-26 March, 2020 in Vienna, Austria and has now been rescheduled
New date: 9-10 September, 2020
Sustainable Refining in The Energy Transition Context
The possible plateauing of oil demand by 2030, the growing electrification of transport, and the deployment of smart technologies to better manage supply and demand will require business models throughout the energy industry to evolve fast.
Already on the 4th edition of a successful series, we are pleased to announce the 2020 European Fuels Markets & Refining Strategy Conference
. The event will bring together senior executives and experts from the refining industry, policy makers, consultants, technology innovators and leading market analysts to discuss the latest challenges and developments within the industry.
The two day event will give you an insight to the industry's latest regulations impacting on refining sustainability, global transition in energy trends & future forecasts on fuel demand, export & trading activities. In depth insights into the European 'Vison 2020 - 2050', MARPOL regulation & impact of Electric Vehicles will provide a solid background for the two days discussion on best solutions for refining in Europe
- 2030 and Beyond - Assessing the Current State of the Market to Meet Long Term Refining Objectives
- Meeting Sustainability Standards
- Creating a Coherent and Realistic European Regulatory Framework
- Adjusting Refineries to New Market Applications & Technologies
- Automotive Fuels in Europe: Current Challenges and Future Predictions
- Future Feedstocks
- Future Strategies and Opportunities for Commercialisation
- Implementing RED II and meeting the EU’s longer-term 2050 aims and aspirations
- Implications of the IMO GHG Initial Strategy 2030 and 2050 targets
Who Will Attend
- Senior refining industry representatives
- Industry's analysts
- Technology Innovators and developers
- Top industry's Consultants
- Regulatory and Policy Officers
- Environmental Organisations
Exclusive Site Visit
During the afternoon of Tuesday 8th of September, a limited number of conference attendees will receive a unique opportunity to visit the OMV Schwechat Refinery, located in Vienna, Austria.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come-first served basis.
Please register your attendance when booking the conference.
Please be aware that this site visit taking place is subject to further COVID-19 developments.
Confirmed 2020 Speakers
- Giacomo Boati, Director, Oil Markets, Midstream & Downstream Consulting, IHS MARKIT
- Robert Tieman, Senior Manager Sustainability & Business Development, Sustainable Fuels
- Spyros J. Kiartzis, Manager New Technologies and Alternative Energy Sources, Hellenic Petroleum S.A
- Bertrand Amelot, EVP Sales & Marketing, McPhy
- Dirk Langhammer, Vice President Business Transformation, OMV
- Andrew Inglis, Principal Consultant, Nexant
- Anabela Antunes, Diretora de Fábrica, Prioenergy
- Ausilio Bauen, Director, E4Tech
- Donald Gregory, Director, Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems Association (EGCSA)
- Natalia Gmucova, Analyst Europe & CIS, Stratas Advisors
- Jose de Sa, Management Consultant Partner, Bain & Company
- Charles Daly, Chairman and CEO, Channoil Consulting Ltd
- Ziya Gurun, Refining & Petrochemical Expert, The University of Kocaeli
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.