The 2nd annual DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium
brings together members of the DoD and Industry for an open dialogue about the various challenges and opportunities that exist in developing and employing hypersonic
systems across the military. This educational forum will provide US military commands, government agencies, academia, and technology providers the chance to more effectively and efficiently pursue opportunities to harness the power of hypersonic
Topics of Discussion:
- Evolving and Enhancing U.S. Hypersonic Capabilities
- Rapidly Delivering Hypersonic Capabilities to the Warfighter
- Providing Full Life-Cycle Support of Naval Aviation Aircraft in Support of Urgent Warfighter Needs
- Expanding and Sustaining Production of U.S. Hypersonic Weapons
- Employing Hypersonic Weapons to Deter Enemy Attacks and Guarantee the Security of our Nation
- Understanding the Stresses and Complexities of Flights at Extreme Speeds
- Delivering Hypersonic Systems Across Naval Platforms
- Developing Hybrid Engines Capable of Efficient Hypersonic Flight
- Accelerating the Acquisition of U.S. Hypersonic Platforms
Why You Should Attend This Year's Symposium
This educational symposium will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to explore emerging concepts and capabilities in hypersonic
weapons and systems in both offensive and defensive measures. The hypersonic
market is predicted to be have sales of over $5 billon by the mid 2020's and is the main priority of development for the Pentagon according to Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering Michael Griffin. hypersonic
technology has the potential to be a ground-breaking technology that changes the way future wars are fought and the balance of global power.
Our 2020 DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium
will emphasize the pressing need to develop offensive and defensive hypersonic technologies to counter and gain a lead on Russian and Chinese technological advances in this field. Hypersonic
Missiles and Glide Vehicles can bypass conventional missile defense systems and pose a threat to US Forces across ground, air, and sea. Developing counter measures, as well as missiles of our own will provide the United States with the deterrence needed to prevent an attack against its forces and help maintain its place as the dominant global force.
This symposium will feature senior level discussions that emphasize the critical need for the rapid acquisition and development of hypersonic capabilities
across all services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation's most difficult technical and strategic challenges.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information
The 2020 DoD Hypersonic Capabilities Symposium
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Early Exhibitors: Northrop Grumman, Space Information Laboratories
2020 Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Honorable Ellen M. Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment
- ADM Charles Richard, USN, Commander, United States Strategic Command
- VADM Johnny Wolfe Jr., USN, Director, Strategic Systems Programs
- Lt Gen Duke Z. Richardson, USAF, Military Deputy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
- Michael E. White, SES, Assistant Director, Hypersonics, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Bob Strider, SES, Deputy Director, Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office, Deputy, Army Hypersonic Project Office
- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Trey Obering, USAF, Executive Vice President, Directed Energy, Booz Allen Hamilton, Former Director, Missile Defense Agency
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Symposium Agenda of this event.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USA
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate at the:SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
(two walking blocks from the mary m. gates learning center)Click Here
to Book Your corporate Rate for Defense Strategies InstituteParking:
There is parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enter at lobby level and request a day parking ticket.
(There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours)