We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our Border Management & Technologies Summit Asia conference and exhibition in Singapore on 20-22 September 2022.
Since our event in New Delhi in 2018, we have been working with WTTC and other partners to develop a vision for digital borders and seamless travel to take the hassle out of travelling without compromising security. Following workshops in Istanbul and Ottawa in 2019 - and a discussion panel with Border leaders at the International Summit on Borders in Washington DC in June 2019 - we have produced a White Paper setting out a roadmap for the border of the future which we are sharing with border agencies worldwide.
One of the key features of the paper is digital identities and the ever-increasing use of biometrics in immigration and border control solutions.
Singapore is a very important travel hub for many travellers, with Changi Airport being one of the most popular stopover airports as well as many cruise liners using Singapore port as a starting point before cruises around South-East Asia. Singapore Straits plays a major role in customs clearance with many ships stopping to gain clearance before continuing on their journey.
The Border Management & Technologies Summit Asia conference and exhibition will bring together leading government officials from across central Asia, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East to discuss the border security challenges faced in the region and in their respective nations.
Singapore is a unique country that has one of the busiest land borders in the world between Singapore and Malaysia. Changi Airport is one of the most popular stopover airports in South-East Asia and due to Singapore's geographic location Singapore Straits plays an important role in customs clearance.
The event will be chaired by our Chairman, Mr Tony Smith, the former Director-General of UK Border Force.
- H Pambudi, Director General of Customs and Excise, Ministry of Finance, Indonesia
- His Excellency Majid Al-Mirzam, Vice-Governor, Saudi Customs
- Alice Stanley, Assistant Secretary, Traveller Branch, Customs Group, Australian Border Force
- Mohamed Ahmed Hussain, Controller General of Immigration, Immigration Bureau, Maldives
- Lian Lee Siong, Deputy Director, Operations, Immigration and Checkpoint Authority, Singapore
- Er German Robin, Deputy Supervisor, Port Operations Department, Bureau of Immigration, Philippines
- Tony Smith, Chairman, International Border Management and Technologies Association (IBMATA)
- Dr. Rebecca Miller, Regional Coordinator, Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling, Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, United Nations Office of Drugs and Crimes (UNODC)
- Donato Colucci, Senior Regional International Border Management Specialist, International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- Dusita Videsa, Programme Manager, Regional Support Office, The Bali Process on People Smuggling, Trafficking in Persons and Related Transnational Crime
- William Lippert, Criminal Intelligence Analyst, Criminal Analysis Sub-Directorate, Interpol
- Lars Karlsson, Chairman, IBMATA Advisory Board
- Younkyung Kim, Regional Manager, Airport, Passenger, Cargo and Security Asia-Pacific, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Lee Edwards, Business Manager, UK Visas and Immigration, Asia
- Rajeshkumar, ePassport Expert, Member ICAO NTWG
- Professor James Ferryman, Computer Science and a member of the Computational Vision Group, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- Tuesday 20th Sept 2022 - Pre Conference Workshop
- Wednesday 21st Sept 2022 - Day One of Conference and Exhibition
- Thursday 22nd Sept 2022 - Day Two of Conference and Exhibition
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.