is a unique global event that identifies strategic communication strategies to enhance engagement and shares methods to improve communication in corporations, the military, government agencies and non-profits
What is StratCommWorld?
Updated for 2020 and the decade ahead, StratCommWorld
is the new name for the annual Strategic Communications Summit
With a fresh format and new venue, StratCommWorld
builds on a decade of success assembling a global group of high-level speakers and delegates from corporations, the military, government, the Intelligence Community and NGOs.StratCommWorld
is not your typical conference. It's your connection to networking with globally minded experts and communication strategies that challenge the status quo.
Enter our world - StratCommWorld
- to refine your leadership skills, network with experts and gain new career opportunities.
Why is this Conference for me?
Unlike other conferences that are focused on quantity over quality, StratCommWorld
strives to ensure high quality engagement with expert speakers and valuable networking with peers. This is a strategic communication conference fueled by passion and driven by professional growth.
Key Topics StratCommWorld
- LEADERSHIP - Leaders in both the military and private sectors cite the same top challenges, but with some important differences in priority and magnitude which require targeted skills. What are the challenges associated with leading in the public vs. private sector?
- ALIGNING VALUES - Every successful company strives to connect to its core values, but sometimes it's not easy. Politics has been creeping into brand identity for a while. Learn how to make value-based moves.
- DIGITAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT - StratCommWorld offers a behind-the-scenes look at the methods effective Public Information Officers use to connect and communicate during and after tragic events and natural disasters - despite the madness going on around them.
- GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT - Each year at StratCommWorld we feature leading brands that are growing globally, expanding their offer, optimizing the customer experience, and connecting with audiences using breakthrough digital and social media strategies.
- MACHINE LEARNING - Incredible advances are occurring in our ability to use machine learning and other types of artificial intelligence to assist multiple functions within organizations and especially the customer experience. For communicators, AI can improve message delivery by tailoring an approach.
- DIGITAL DEXTERITY - With unemployment rates at historic lows across every industry, the challenge for organizations is to use efficient, digital workspaces at-scale to build thriving and successful company cultures.
This Strategic Summit is designed for business, public sector and military communications directors and public affairs officers, information operations officers, corporate communications and public relations professionals, and executives from corporations, government agencies, the Department of Defense and military branches, the intelligence community, universities and NGOs with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Nonprofit Communications
- Government Communications
- Military Communications & Iintelligence
Specific Responsibilities of Attendees May Include
- Corporate Communications
- Digital & Social Media
- Information Operations
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Content Editors
- Media Relations
- Intelligence & Analysis
- Strategic Alliances
- Product & Brand
- Community Relations
- Public Diplomacy
- Government Affairs
- Data Analytics
- Public Policy
- Debra DeShong, Senior Vice President, Global Corporate Communications and Industry Affairs, MGM Resorts International
- General (Ret.) Stanley A. McChrystal, Former Commander, U.S. and International Security Assistance Forces & Joint Special Operations Command
- Emily Lenzner, Executive Vice President, Global Communications & Public Affairs, Motion Picture Association of America
- Robert Goodwin, Co-Founder, Stone & Compass
- Dan Horowitz, Director of Online Sales Organization, Government & Service, LinkedIn
- Aba Blankson, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, NAACP
- Yael Hartmann, Head of Government Relations, Burundi Program, and Strategic Communications Lead, Rwanda Program at One Acre Fund
- Steve Warren, Vice President of Communications, Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Dr. Carmen Simon, Cognitive Neuroscientist and Founder, Memzy
- BRIGADIER GENERAL EDWARD W. THOMAS JR., Director of Public Affairs, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force
- Larry Brantley, President, Chaloner
- Shawn Turner, Professor of Strategic Communication, National Security Communication Analyst, Michigan State University, CNN
- Bob Pearson, Senior Advisor, W2O
- Rear Admiral (Select) Jon P. Hickey, Special Assistant to the Vice President, Office of the Vice President of the United States
- Emily Nipps, Senior Manager of Communications, Tampa International Airport
- Brian Wagner, Director, Strategic Communications, Peraton
- Ray Kerins, Senior Vice President and Head of Communications, Government Relations & Policy, Bayer U.S.
- Linda Flores, Program Manager of Nexus, Bell
- Brian Chase, Director, Global Government Affairs & Public Policy, Bell
- Evan Kropp, Ph.D., Director, Online Graduate Programs, University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications
- Laura M. Genova, Senior Marketing Manager of the Professional Sports and Summer Camps Divisions
- Alana Kiss, Senior Communications Coordinator, Autism Speaks
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueNational Press Club
529 14th Street, NW, 20045
Washington, DC, USA