We present the second annual Future Armored Vehicles Protection Systems meeting, convening on June 10th -11th 2021
As armed forces continue to prioritise dealing with near-peer adversaries, and with passive protection measures reaching their physical limit, integrating advanced vehicle protection systems, and particularly active protection systems (APS), as a means of improving survivability signatures continues to grow in importance. These systems can intercept ballistic weaponry through kinetic methods (Hard-Kill) or by interfering with warhead guidance and tracking systems (Soft-Kill). As the scope of APS and its potential continues to grow, armed forces around the world increasingly pursue the development and application of an integrated, modular mission system, in which best-of-field components can be introduced and selected to meet specific requirements.
As the only conference of its kind, Future Armored Vehicles Protection Systems USA, will provide unique briefings on the development and integration of Active Protection Systems, as well as the wider vehicle protection suites employed by armed forces around the world. These briefings will include insight into Modular Systems and architecture, Hard-Kill and Soft-Kill technology, layered approaches to survivability and battle proven systems.
Benefits of AttendingDiscuss a diverse range of topics including hard and soft kill technology, creating a modular and sophisticated open system architecture, platform specific considerations, and more
Understand the progress made, and the lessons learned from integrating cutting edge Active Protection Systems from senior officials from both host nation and international speakers, and the unique requirements specific to different platforms
As the importance of an open market-place and room for competition is stressed, hear from industry leaders testing, developing, and applying the cutting edge technology that will be used by armoured brigades for years to come
An unrivalled opportunity to meet and network with the military and industry decision makers in Vehicle Protection Systems, the experts who will define the future of the technology, and the end-user's who will be tasked with operating this technology
- Major General (Ret'd) John Charlton, Former Commander, Test and Evaluation Command, US Army
US Expert Military and Technical Speakers:
- Colonel Sean Fisher, Director of Training and Doctrine, Maneuver Center of Excellence, US Army
- Colonel Kevin Chaney, PM Aircraft Survivability Equipment, PEO IEW&S, US Army
- Colonel John Hall, Commanding Officer, Aberdeen Test Center, US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Ramos, PM Vehicle Protection Systems, Stryker Brigade Combat Team, PEO Ground Combat Systems, US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Matt Johnson, Product Manager, Bradley Fighting Vehicles, US Army
- Dr Jeffrey Zabinski, Director, Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, CCDC Army Research Lab, US Army
- Mr David Marck, Project Director, Main Battle Tank Systems, PEO Ground Combat Systems, US Army
- Mr Wayne Beutler, Associate Director, GVSP, DEVCOM CCDC, GVSC, GVSP, US Army
- Major General (ret'd) William Hix, Former Director of Strategy, Plans & Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff G-3/5/7 Headquarters, US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel (ret'd) Scott Coulson, Owner and Founder, Mass XV LLC
- Mr Bradley Bowman, CMPP Senior Director, FDD
International Expert Military and Technical Speakers
- Lieutenant Colonel Edward Sutthery, SO1 Heavy Forces, Capability Ground Manouevre Branch, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel (ret'd) Kerim Serkan Simais, Specialist, Land Platforms, SSB, Turkish MoD
- Lieutenant Colonel, Israeli Defence Forces (name withheld for security reasons)
- Mr Rob Baker, Discipline Lead, Advanced Vehicle Protection, Defence Science and Technology Group
- Dr Stanislav Rolc, Chief of Division, Material Engineering and Active Protection Lead, Czech Military Research Institute
- Mr Aaron Hankins, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Land Systems, Leonardo DRS
- Mr Stefan Hasse, Head of Product Unit Active Protection, Rheinmetall Protection Systems
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
950 North Stafford Street,
Arlington, Virginia, USA