Detect, Identify and Neutralise: Defending businesses, the economy and the public against disruption by drones
drone incident at Gatwick Airport has brought the threat of malicious
drone use into the mainstream, and the serious economic and personal
impact that this has had on businesses and private individuals cannot
continue to be ignored.
For the past three years, our Countering Drones Conference
been platforming this issue and inviting key stakeholders to join the
discussion about making improvements to the regulatory environment, and
examining the kinetic solutions that can support real action taking
place to defeat these devices.
Following the Gatwick drones
incident, we now expect investment and real commitment to tackle the
issues, in order to assure businesses and the public of an effective
response to future incidents.
This conference is designed to
support government and civilian users moving closer towards the
integration of technology that is designed to detect, identify and
neutralise malicious drone activity, and to overcome the regulatory
hurdles that urgently require the deepest consideration.
preceding years, solution developers from industry, start-ups and
technology groups have joined with airports, civil aviation authorities,
as well as facility and security managers from prisons and sporting
organisations to discuss the 'What if?' scenario. Now that the 'big one'
has occurred, we encourage you to join us to share your expertise and
experiences with this growing community in July.
Who Should Attend Countering Drones?
- AIRPORTS, SEA PORTS, BORDERS AND RAILWAYS
- CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITIES AND AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENTS
- COUNTER-TERROR AGENCIES, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
- GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS, MILITARY BASES AND SENSITIVE INSTALLATIONS
- MAJOR BROADCASTERS, FILM AND TELEVISION STUDIOS
- NATIONAL SPACE AGENCIES AND MAJOR INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDING NUCLEAR POWER STATIONS, GRIDS AND UTILITIES
- PUBLIC BUILDINGS, EMBASSIES AND CONSULATES
- INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS INCLUDING THE UN, NATO AND WTO
- SPORTING ARENAS AND MAJOR VENUES EVENT VENUES
Join the Countering Drones Conference to:
- Gain an understanding of what future drone threats look like and how to prepare your organisation for them
- Deepen your knowledge of risk and security to understand how to protect your organisation more cost-effectively
- Acquire the knowledge of how to respond effectively to drone disruption cooperatively with other organisations and agencies
- Influence future policy and demonstrate thought leadership by contributing to discussions with key industry experts
- Align your current plans with the latest solutions and recommendations from leading experts
"Probably the best CUAS event I have been to"
John Scott Mathews, Senior Privacy Advisor, Intelligence, US Department of Homeland Security
"Very valuable. I plan to continue to attend"
Avner Turniansky, Vice President Strategy, Vorpal
"Well done and organised!"
Manfred Mohr, Assistant Director Safety and Flight Ops, UAS Expert, IATA
2020 Early Confirmed Speakers
- Carissa VanderMey, Director C-UAS Program Management Office, US Department of Homeland Security
- Chief Inspector Simon Bachelor, NPCC Counter Drones, Legislation and Policy lead, Home Office Counter Drones Unit (tenative)
- Michael Schneider, Deputy Assistant Director, Critical Incident Response Group, FBI
- Colonel Jean Francois Morel, Counter UAS Lead, Gendarmerie Nationale
- Sergio Bermejo, Specialist, C-UAS, Special Tactics Team, EUROPOL
- Jens Lehmann, Senior Air Traffic Controller, Munich Airport
- Squadron Leader Arnaud Duchene, Counter-drone Programme Director, French Civil Aviation Authority
- Dr. Hussain Alhallaf, Security Director, Riyadh Airports
- Dr. Omar Kaddouha, Director Flight Safety, Lebanon Directorate General of Civil Aviation
- Christopher Mason, Director Policy and Technical, European Regions Airline Association
- Robert Garbett, Chairman, British Standards Institution Committee for UK Drone Standards
- Allain Vallee, Technical Secretary - Expert on UAS, EUROCAE
- Manfred Mohr, Assistant Director RSFO SESAR 2020, Technical Manager, IATA
- Timo Blunck, Communications, Navigation and Surveillance Security Expert, EUROCONTROL
- Czeslaw Romek, Security and Safety Expert, Polish Air Navigation Services Agency (PANSA)
- Professor Philipp Bleek, Associate Professor of Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies, Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Professor David Dunn Dunn, Department of Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham
- Andrew Staniforth, Director, Saher-Europe
- Confirmed Senior Representative, Title TBC, Federal Aviation Authority
- Confirmed Representative, Title TBC, UK Home Office
28 July 2020
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, W8 5SY
: +44 20 7937 7211
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee.Please note
: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always endeavour to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.