The world's only online conference for the security community dedicated to countering drones
The civilian drone market is set to explode, and with it the threat to critical civil infrastructure. In the USA alone, the DOD requested $500 million for counter-UAS
funding for civil and military spending in 2020. It is clear therefore that the requirements for counter-drone
solutions are still there - and as new regulations come into force, organisations will soon have greater clarity on which solutions they will be able to employ, meaning they will have more freedom to procure new solutions.Countering Drones 2020
will progress the conversations on drone threat beyond our current understanding, and into the areas of future threats. We will explore how the proliferation of this rapidly developing industry has the power to carry considerable disruptive force, and what we can do now to lay the foundations for future success.
Bringing together experts from law enforcement, airports, critical national infrastructure, subject matter experts, and technology leaders it will provide a platform for meaningful consensus and constructive discussions as to how we can maintain safety and security against the misuse of drones.
Who Should Attend Countering Drones?
- AIRPORTS, SEA PORTS, BORDERS AND RAILWAYS
- CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITIES AND AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENTS
- COUNTER-TERROR AGENCIES, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
- GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS, MILITARY BASES AND SENSITIVE INSTALLATIONS
- MAJOR BROADCASTERS, FILM AND TELEVISION STUDIOS
- NATIONAL SPACE AGENCIES AND MAJOR INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDING NUCLEAR POWER STATIONS, GRIDS AND UTILITIES
- PUBLIC BUILDINGS, EMBASSIES AND CONSULATES
- INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS INCLUDING THE UN, NATO AND WTO
- SPORTING ARENAS AND MAJOR VENUES EVENT VENUES
Join the Countering Drones Conference to:
- Gain an understanding of what future drone threats look like and how to prepare your organisation for them
- Deepen your knowledge of risk and security to understand how to protect your organisation more cost-effectively
- Acquire the knowledge of how to respond effectively to drone disruption cooperatively with other organisations and agencies
- Influence future policy and demonstrate thought leadership by contributing to discussions with key industry experts
- Align your current plans with the latest solutions and recommendations from leading experts
"Probably the best CUAS event I have been to"
John Scott Mathews, Senior Privacy Advisor, Intelligence, US Department of Homeland Security
"Very valuable. I plan to continue to attend"
Avner Turniansky, Vice President Strategy, Vorpal
"Well done and organised!"
Manfred Mohr, Assistant Director Safety and Flight Ops, UAS Expert, IATA
DAY ONE - Procurement Training Day Speakers
- Andrew Stanifoth, Director of Innovation, Saher-Europe
- Allain Vallee, Technical Secretary - Expert on UAS, EUROCAE
- Prof Garik Markarian, CEO Rinicom Ltd, Lancaster University & Rinicom Ltd
- Mark Legh-Smith, CEO, Operational Solutions Ltd.
- Clayton Stewart, Visiting Professor Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University College London
- Robert Garbett, Chairman, British Standards Institution Committee for UK Drone Standards
DAY TWO - Operations, Safety and Standards Seminar Day Speakers
- Andrew Staniforth, Director of Innovation, Saher-Europe
- Sam Freck, Strategy and Legislation Lead, Counter-Drones Unit, Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, UK Home Office
- Chief Inspector Simon Bachelor, NPCC Counter Drones, Legislation and Policy lead, Home Office Counter Drones Unit (tenative)
- John Vehmeyer, Science and Technology Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Sergio Bermejo, Specialist, C-UAS, Special Tactics Team, EUROPOL
- Dr. Hussain Alhallaf, Security Director, Riyadh Airports
- Manfred Mohr, Assistant Director RSFO SESAR 2020, Technical Manager, IATA
- Professor Philipp Bleek, Associate Professor of Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies, Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Online Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.